Maricel G Kann
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Correlated evolution of interacting proteins: looking behind the mirrortreeMaricel G Kann
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, MD 21250, USA
J Mol Biol 385:91-8. 2009....
- Advances in translational bioinformatics: computational approaches for the hunting of disease genesMaricel G Kann
University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Brief Bioinform 11:96-110. 2010..This review highlights the latest advances in the field of translational bioinformatics, focusing on the advances of computational techniques to search for and classify disease genes...
- Domain landscapes of somatic mutations in cancerNathan L Nehrt
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
BMC Genomics 13:S9. 2012..These highly mutated domains potentially reveal disruptions of protein function necessary for cancer development...
- Incorporating molecular and functional context into the analysis and prioritization of human variants associated with cancerThomas A Peterson
University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:275-83. 2012..A statistical method has been developed to assess the significance of disease mutation clusters on protein domains by incorporating domain functional annotations to assist in the functional characterization of novel variants...
- Toward an automatic method for extracting cancer- and other disease-related point mutations from the biomedical literatureEmily Doughty
University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Bioinformatics 27:408-15. 2011..We introduce a high-throughput computational method for the identification of relevant disease mutations in PubMed abstracts applied to prostate (PCa) and breast cancer (BCa) mutations...
- DMDM: domain mapping of disease mutationsThomas A Peterson
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Bioinformatics 26:2458-9. 2010..AVAILABILITY: Freely available at http://bioinf.umbc.edu/dmdm...