Y James Kang
Affiliation: University of Louisville
- Sun M, Zuo X, Li R, Wang T, Kang Y. Vascular endothelial growth factor recovers suppressed cytochrome c oxidase activity by restoring copper availability in hypertrophic cardiomyocytes. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2014;239:1671-7 pubmed publisher..This study thus demonstrates that VEGF recovers PE-suppressed COX activity by restoring Cu availability and VEGF suppression of ROS accumulation and homocysteine elevation would contribute to the increased Cu availability. ..
- Liang K, Ding X, Lin C, Kang Y. Featured Article: Hypoxia-inducible factor-1Î± dependent nuclear entry of factor inhibiting HIF-1. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2015;240:1446-51 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that the nuclear entry of FIH-1 depends on HIF-1Î±. Cu deficiency caused a decrease of HIF-1Î±, leading to suppression of FIH-1 entry to the nucleus. ..
- Kang Y, Zhou Z. Zinc prevention and treatment of alcoholic liver disease. Mol Aspects Med. 2005;26:391-404 pubmed..Zn has a high potential to be developed as an effective agent in the prevention and treatment of ALD. ..
- Wang L, Ge Y, Kang Y. Featured Article: Effect of copper on nuclear translocation of copper chaperone for superoxide dismutase-1. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2016;241:1483-8 pubmed publisher..The nuclear translocation of CCS-1 is copper dependent, but the nuclear translocation of copper could take place alternatively in a CCS-1-independent pathway. ..
- Xiao Y, Liu Y, Liu J, Kang Y. The Association Between Myocardial Fibrosis and Depressed Capillary Density in Rat Model of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2018;18:304-311 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the posterior and lateral walls were more vulnerable to fibrogenesis post-pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy, which was associated with the depressed angiogenesis in these two regions. ..