Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Chemosensitivity and mechanosensitivity of nociceptors from incised rat hindpaw skinSinyoung Kang
Department of Anesthesia, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Anesthesiology 111:155-64. 2009..In this study, the authors characterized the acid-responsiveness of nociceptors innervating the plantar aspect of the rat hind paw 1 day after plantar incision and compared this to plantar skin from unincised control rats...
- Evaluation of leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) in a rat model of postoperative painChristina M Spofford
Department of Anesthesia, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Pain 12:819-32. 2011..In conclusion, LIF is not a target for postoperative analgesia; LIF may be important for skin and muscle repair and regeneration after incision...
- Simultaneous disruption of mouse ASIC1a, ASIC2 and ASIC3 genes enhances cutaneous mechanosensitivitySinyoung Kang
Department of Anesthesia, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e35225. 2012..We speculate that physical and/or functional association of ASICs with other components of the mechanosensory transduction apparatus contributes to normal cutaneous mechanosensation...
- Effect of capsaicin treatment on nociceptors in rat glabrous skin one day after plantar incisionSinyoung Kang
Department of Anesthesia, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Pain 148:128-40. 2010..These putative TRPV1-expressing C-fibers are sensitized to heat and acid after incision, and the transduction of heat and chemical stimuli after plantar incision is impaired by dilute capsaicin...
- Wound hypoxia in deep tissue after incision in ratsSinyoung Kang
Department of Anesthesia, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Wound Repair Regen 21:730-9. 2013..These results support the evidence that a hypoxic condition is present in deep tissue after incisions and that an ischemic-like mechanism may contribute to postoperative pain. ..