Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes: drug discovery and safety pharmacologyJia Qiang He
Cellular Dynamics International, Inc, 525 Science Drive, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53711, USA 1 608 263 4856 1 608 263 0405
Expert Opin Drug Discov 2:739-53. 2007..Furthermore, cardiac safety pharmacology assays evaluating the risk of proarrhythmic side effects associated with QT prolongation may be enhanced in their predictive value with the use of hESC-CMs...
- Extracellular matrix promotes highly efficient cardiac differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells: the matrix sandwich methodJianhua Zhang
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Circ Res 111:1125-36. 2012..However, extracellular matrix is also fundamentally involved in cardiac development from the earliest morphogenetic events, such as gastrulation...
- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells to cardiomyocytes: a methods overviewChristine L Mummery
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Circ Res 111:344-58. 2012....
- Voltage-dependent facilitation of cardiac L-type Ca channels expressed in HEK-293 cells requires beta-subunitT J Kamp
Departments of Medicine and Physiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 278:H126-36. 2000....
- Regulation of cardiac L-type calcium channels by protein kinase A and protein kinase CT J Kamp
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792 3248, USA
Circ Res 87:1095-102. 2000..Crosstalk between PKA and PKC pathways occurs in the modulation of I:(Ca). Ultimately, precise regulation of I:(Ca) is needed for normal cardiac function, and alterations in these regulatory pathways may prove important in heart disease...
- Cardiomyocyte transverse tubule loss leads the way to heart failureRavi C Balijepalli
Cellular and Molecular Arrhythmia Research Program, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Future Cardiol 7:39-42. 2011..These findings provide a new insight into the critical transition from compensated hypertrophy to heart failure and suggests important future areas for investigation...
- Small GTPase Rab11b regulates degradation of surface membrane L-type Cav1.2 channelsJabe M Best
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, H6 370 Clinical Science Center, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792 3248, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 300:C1023-33. 2011..This suggests Rab11b differentially regulates the trafficking of distinct cargo and extends our understanding of how endosomal transport impacts the functional expression of LTCCs...