Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Breast cancer histology and receptor status characterization in Asian Indian and Pakistani women in the U.S.--a SEER analysisMadhuri Kakarala
Division of Hematology Oncolog, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, 2150 Cancer Center, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5390, USA
BMC Cancer 10:191. 2010..Recent reports suggest increase in estrogen receptor (ER), progesterone receptor (PR) negative breast cancer yet little is known about histology or receptor status of breast cancer in Indian/Pakistani women.in the U.S...
- Targeting breast stem cells with the cancer preventive compounds curcumin and piperineMadhuri Kakarala
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, 2150 Cancer Center, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:777-85. 2010..Mammosphere formation assays may be a quantifiable biomarker to assess cancer preventive agent efficacy and Wnt signaling assessment can be a mechanistic biomarker for use in human clinical trials...
- Ultra-low flow liquid chromatography assay with ultraviolet (UV) detection for piperine quantitation in human plasmaMadhuri Kakarala
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Agric Food Chem 58:6594-9. 2010..The method sensitivity equals that of liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MSMS) methods with much less cost...
- Schoolchildren's consumption of competitive foods and beverages, excluding à la carteMadhuri Kakarala
Division of Hematology Oncology VA Staff Medical Oncologist, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, 2150 Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Sch Health 80:429-35; quiz 461-3. 2010....
- Implications of the cancer stem-cell hypothesis for breast cancer prevention and therapyMadhuri Kakarala
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5942, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2813-20. 2008..Furthermore, because breast cancer stem cells may be highly resistant to radiation and chemotherapy, the development of more effective therapies for this disease may require the effective targeting of this cell population...
- Pharmacokinetics of curcumin conjugate metabolites in healthy human subjectsShaiju K Vareed
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1411-7. 2008..Curcumin is a polyphenol, found in the spice turmeric, that has promising anticancer properties, but previous studies suggest that absorption of curcumin may be limited...
- Cancer stem cells: implications for cancer treatment and preventionMadhuri Kakarala
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Michigan Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Cancer J 13:271-5. 2007