L G Kaiser
Affiliation: University of California
- Elimination of spatial interference in PRESS-localized editing spectroscopyLana G Kaiser
Northern California Institute for Research and Education, San Francisco, California, USA
Magn Reson Med 58:813-8. 2007..This method is not limited to GABA J-difference editing, but can be applied in any PRESS-based experiments. It should prove particularly useful at higher field, where the 4-compartment artifact is especially detrimental...
- A detailed analysis of localized J-difference GABA editing: theoretical and experimental study at 4 TL G Kaiser
Northern California Institute for Research and Education, San Francisco, CA, USA
NMR Biomed 21:22-32. 2008..The numerical simulations presented in this study should facilitate both implementation of the more efficient acquisition and quantification process of J-coupled systems...
- Numerical simulations of localized high field 1H MR spectroscopyLana G Kaiser
Northern California Institute for Research and Education, San Francisco, CA 97121, USA
J Magn Reson 195:67-75. 2008..Numerical simulations that incorporate volume localization using experimental RF pulses are shown to be a powerful tool for generation of accurate metabolic basis sets for spectral fitting and for optimization of experimental parameters...
- Scyllo-inositol in normal aging human brain: 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy study at 4 TeslaLana G Kaiser
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, MR Unit VA Medical Center at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94141, USA
NMR Biomed 18:51-5. 2005..Comparisons between old and young subjects showed higher concentration of scyllo-inositol and myo-inositol in older subjects and a trend for a correlation between scyllo-inositol and myo-inositol levels across subjects...
- Age-related glutamate and glutamine concentration changes in normal human brain: 1H MR spectroscopy study at 4 TLana G Kaiser
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, MR Unit, DVA Medical Center 114M, 4150 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Neurobiol Aging 26:665-72. 2005..Reduced glutamate and N-acetyl aspartate in the motor cortex is consistent with neuronal loss/shrinkage with age. In conclusion, different patterns in association with normal aging in these brain regions were detected in this study...
- RF pulses for in vivo spectroscopy at high field designed under conditions of limited power using optimal controlGerald B Matson
Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases 114M, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Magn Reson 199:30-40. 2009..Finally, the optimal control routines and example RF pulses are made available for downloading...
- BMI and neuronal integrity in healthy, cognitively normal elderly: a proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyStefan Gazdzinski
Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases, San Francisco Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:743-8. 2010..Future studies need to evaluate whether these metabolite abnormalities are involved in the development and maintenance of weight problems...
- (1)H MRS detection of glycine residue of reduced glutathione in vivoLana G Kaiser
Varian Incorporated, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Magn Reson 202:259-66. 2010..This allows shorter acquisition times for in vivo human clinical studies...