Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Stem cell therapy for craniofacial bone regeneration: a randomized, controlled feasibility trialDarnell Kaigler
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Cell Transplant 22:767-77. 2013..The results from this trial support expanded studies of TRC therapy in the treatment of craniofacial deformities (ClinicalTrials.gov number CT00755911)...
- Guided bone regeneration using injectable vascular endothelial growth factor delivery gelDarnell Kaigler
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Periodontol 84:230-8. 2013..This study evaluates the regenerative potential of GBR in combination with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) delivery via an injectable hydrogel system...
- Angiogenic and osteogenic potential of bone repair cells for craniofacial regenerationDarnell Kaigler
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 16:2809-20. 2010..Taken together, these data provide evidence for the multilineage and clinical potential of BRCs for craniofacial regeneration...
- Combined angiogenic and osteogenic factor delivery enhances bone marrow stromal cell-driven bone regenerationYen Chen Huang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Bone Miner Res 20:848-57. 2005..Combined delivery of these factors significantly enhanced bone formation compared with other conditions...
- Endothelial cell modulation of bone marrow stromal cell osteogenic potentialDarnell Kaigler
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
FASEB J 19:665-7. 2005..These data suggest that ECs function not only to form the microvasculature that delivers nutrients to developing bone but also to modulate the differentiation of osteoprogenitor cells in vitro and in vivo...
- VEGF scaffolds enhance angiogenesis and bone regeneration in irradiated osseous defectsDarnell Kaigler
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:735-44. 2006..VEGF-releasing polymers significantly increased blood vessel density and vascular perfusion in irradiated defects and increased bone formation relative to control conditions...
- Growth factor delivery for oral and periodontal tissue engineeringDarnell Kaigler
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 3:647-62. 2006..In this review, different mechanisms of drug delivery are addressed in the context of novel approaches to reconstruct and engineer oral- and tooth-supporting structures, namely the periodontium and alveolar bone...
- Role of vascular endothelial growth factor in bone marrow stromal cell modulation of endothelial cellsDarnell Kaigler
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
Tissue Eng 9:95-103. 2003..These data demonstrate that human BMSCs secrete sufficient quantities of VEGF to enhance survival and differentiation of endothelial cells in vitro, and suggest they may be capable of directly orchestrating angiogenesis in vivo...
- Platelet-derived growth factor applications in periodontal and peri-implant bone regenerationDarnell Kaigler
University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 11:375-85. 2011....
- Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells enhance angiogenesis via their α6β1 integrin receptorBita Carrion
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, United States
Exp Cell Res 319:2964-76. 2013..This conclusion may have important implications in the optimization of cell-based strategies to promote angiogenesis...
- Controlling rigidity and degradation of alginate hydrogels via molecular weight distributionHyun Joon Kong
Department of Biologic and Materials Science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 2136, USA
Biomacromolecules 5:1720-7. 2004..The results of these studies will be useful for controlling the physical properties of a broad array of hydrogel-forming polymers...