Affiliation: University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- Incidence and prevalence of treated epilepsy among poor health and low-income AmericansKitti Kaiboriboon
Epilepsy Center, Department of Neurology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, OH, USA
Neurology 80:1942-9. 2013..To determine the incidence and prevalence of treated epilepsy in an adult Medicaid population...
- Upward gaze and head deviation with frontal eye field stimulationKitti Kaiboriboon
Epilepsy Center, Department of Neurology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Epileptic Disord 14:64-8. 2012..Published with video sequences]...
- Age-specific periictal electroclinical features of generalized tonic-clonic seizures and potential risk of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)Joel Freitas
Epilepsy Center, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA Neurology Department, Hospital de Santo Antonio, Centro Hospitalar do Porto, Largo Professor Abel Salazar, 4099 001 Porto, Portugal
Epilepsy Behav 29:289-94. 2013..The findings suggest that some prolonged seizure phases and prolonged PGES duration may be electroclinical markers of SUDEP risk and merit further study. ..
- Premature mortality in poor health and low income adults with epilepsyKitti Kaiboriboon
Department of Neurology, Epilepsy Center, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, U S A Behavioral and Neurological Outcome Centers, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, U S A
Epilepsia 55:1781-8. 2014..To examine mortality and causes of death (CODs) in socioeconomically disadvantaged persons with epilepsy (PWEs) in the United States...
- Significant postictal hypotension: expanding the spectrum of seizure-induced autonomic dysregulationAlireza Bozorgi
Epilepsy Center, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Epilepsia 54:e127-30. 2013..This further raises the possibility that profound, prolonged, and irrecoverable hypotension may comprise one potential SUDEP mechanism...
- EEG source imaging in epilepsy--practicalities and pitfallsKitti Kaiboriboon
Epilepsy Center, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Lakeside 3200, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA kitti kaiboriboon uhhospitals org
Nat Rev Neurol 8:498-507. 2012..As ESI can be used to map evoked responses, we discuss the clinical utility of this technique in cortical mapping-an essential process when planning resective surgery for brain regions that are in close proximity to eloquent cortex...
- Modern technology calls for a modern approach to classification of epileptic seizures and the epilepsiesHans O Lüders
Epilepsy Center, Case Medical Center, University Hospitals, Cleveland, OH 44022, USA
Epilepsia 53:405-11. 2012..In this manuscript we critically analyze the current proposals of the Commission and make suggestions for a classification system that reflects modern diagnostic techniques and our current understanding of epilepsy...