Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Frontline therapy in mantle cell lymphoma: the role of high-dose therapy and integration of new agentsBrad S Kahl
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 600 Highland Avenue, H4 534 CSC, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 4:213-7. 2009..Additional randomized clinical trials defining standard approaches are needed...
- Rituximab extended schedule or re-treatment trial for low-tumor burden follicular lymphoma: eastern cooperative oncology group protocol e4402Brad S Kahl
Brad S Kahl, University of Wisconsin, Madison Christopher G Peterson, Aspirus Regional Cancer Center, Wausau Matthias Weiss, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, WI Fangxin Hong, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Michael E Williams, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA Randy D Gascoyne, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Lynne I Wagner, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL John C Krauss, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Thomas M Habermann, Mayo Clinic, Rochester Mark D Sborov, Fairview Southdale Hospital, St Louis Park, MN Lode J Swinnen, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD Stephen J Schuster, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia W Christopher Ehmann, Penn State Cancer Institute, Hershey, PA S Eric Martin, Christiana Care Community Clinical Oncology Program and Helen F Graham Cancer Network, Newark, DE and Sandra J Horning, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA
J Clin Oncol 32:3096-102. 2014..It is not known whether MR provides superior long-term disease control compared with re-treatment rituximab (RR) administered on an as-needed basis. E4402 (RESORT) was a randomized clinical trial designed to compare MR against RR...
- A phase II study of dacetuzumab (SGN-40) in patients with relapsed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) and correlative analyses of patient-specific factorsSven de Vos
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California Los Angeles, 650 Charles E, Young Drive 11 934 Factor Bldg, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1678, USA
J Hematol Oncol 7:44. 2014..Dacetuzumab (SGN-40), a non-blocking, partial agonist, humanized IgG1, anti-CD40 monoclonal antibody, has previously demonstrated anti-lymphoma activity in a phase I study...
- A phase II study of sorafenib (BAY 43-9006) in recurrent diffuse large B cell lymphoma: an eastern cooperative oncology group study (E1404)Daniel R Greenwald
Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Hematol Oncol 6:46. 2013..Median overall survival (OS) was 9 months (90% CI, 5 - 16 months). Although sorafenib has demonstrated activity in solid malignancies it demonstrated low single agent activity in treatment of DLBCL. ..
- Is there a role for "watch and wait" in follicular lymphoma in the rituximab era?Brad Kahl
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2012:433-8. 2012....
- Prevalence of bortezomib-resistant constitutive NF-kappaB activity in mantle cell lymphomaDavid T Yang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, USA
Mol Cancer 7:40. 2008..While MCL cells have been shown to harbor constitutive NF-kappaB activity, what fraction of this activity in primary MCL samples is sensitive or resistant to inhibition by bortezomib remains unclear...
- Update: gastric MALT lymphomaBrad S Kahl
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 15:347-52. 2003..Several recent publications have furthered the understanding of gastric MALT lymphoma pathogenesis, clinical behavior, and treatment...
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group 4402: Rituximab Extended Schedule or Retreatment Trial (RESORT)Brad S Kahl
Hematology Section, Department of Medicine University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 6:423-6. 2006
- Maintenance rituximab following induction chemoimmunotherapy may prolong progression-free survival in mantle cell lymphoma: a pilot study from the Wisconsin Oncology NetworkB S Kahl
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Ann Oncol 17:1418-23. 2006..There is no standard first line treatment for mantle cell lymphoma...
- Profound imbalance of pro-fibrinolytic and anti-fibrinolytic factors (tissue plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1) and severe bleeding diathesis in a patient with cirrhosis: correction by liver transplantationBrad S Kahl
Hematology Section, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 14:741-4. 2003..Recognition of such patients is important, because the bleeding diathesis is an indication rather than a contraindication for orthotopic liver transplantation...
- Phase II study of weekly low-dose paclitaxel for relapsed and refractory non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a Wisconsin Oncology Network StudyBrad S Kahl
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Invest 23:13-8. 2005..The response rate appears similar to other reports using different doses and schedules. Myelosuppression appears less with this schedule than with other schedules...
- Bendamustine is effective therapy in patients with rituximab-refractory, indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: results from a Multicenter StudyBrad S Kahl
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer 116:106-14. 2010..Bendamustine hydrochloride is a novel alkylating agent. In this multicenter study, the authors evaluated the efficacy and toxicity of single-agent bendamustine in patients with rituximab-refractory, indolent B-cell lymphoma...
- Chemotherapy combinations with monoclonal antibodies in non-Hodgkin's lymphomaBrad Kahl
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Semin Hematol 45:90-4. 2008..This review will summarize the data supporting the addition of rituximab to chemotherapy in NHL and discuss preliminary data regarding the use of other monoclonal antibodies in combination with chemotherapy...
- Bortezomib-resistant nuclear factor-kappaB activity in multiple myeloma cellsStephanie Markovina
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1356-64. 2008..Further elucidation of the mechanism of PIR NF-kappaB regulation could lead to the identification of novel diagnostic biomarkers and/or therapeutic targets for MM treatment...
- Structural profiles of TP53 gene mutations predict clinical outcome in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: an international collaborative studyKen H Young
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, University of of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, USA
Blood 112:3088-98. 2008..This study shows the prognostic importance of mutations in the TP53 DNA-binding domains in patients with DLBCL...
- Thalidomide maintenance following high-dose melphalan with autologous stem cell support in myelomaJulie E Chang
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 8:153-8. 2008..We further explored the tolerability and efficacy of lower doses of maintenance thalidomide in this single-institution study...
- A 5-drug regimen maximizing the dose of cyclophosphamide is effective therapy for adult Burkitt or Burkitt-like lymphomasLisa A Kujawski
University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinic, University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Cancer Invest 25:87-93. 2007..Utilization of high dose cyclophosphamide may eliminate the need for several other agents in Burkitt lymphoma regimens...
- Augmented and standard Berlin-Frankfurt-Munster chemotherapy for treatment of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJulie E Chang
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 49:2298-307. 2008..Two toxic deaths were observed, and infections and neuropathy were the most common toxicities. sBFM and aBFM have efficacy and toxicity comparable with other adult ALL regimens...
- Use of tissue microarray and automated quantitative analysis for screening and validation of potential biomarkers in mantle cell lymphomaDavid T Yang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 19:62-9. 2011....
- Clinical Roundtable Monograph: current treatment options for NHL patients refractory to standard therapy: recent data in single-agent and combination therapyBrad S Kahl
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, UW Carbone Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 8:1-16. 2010..Researchers also discussed recent trials of lenalidomide, an oral immunomodulator, alone and in combination with rituximab. Other novel agents discussed at the ASH meeting included clofarabine and CAL-101...
- Excessive toxicity of the high dose thiotepa and etoposide regimen when combined with radiation: Long-term autologous transplantation experience in follicular and mantle cell lymphomaTimothy S Fenske
Section of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 46:1441-8. 2005....
- Follicular lymphoma: management options in the era of targeted therapyChristopher G Peterson
Department of Hematology, University of Wisconsin, H4 534 CSC, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 6:297-308. 2005..A new follicular lymphoma prognostic index should aid in the interpretation of future clinical trials...
- Two new indications for rituximabBrad S Kahl
Lymphoma Service, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Hematology Disease Oriented Working Group, Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 4:901, 934. 2006
- Comparison of organ residence time estimation methods for radioimmunotherapy dosimetry and treatment planning--patient studiesBin He
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Med Phys 36:1595-601. 2009..More sophisticated methods, such as the hybrid SPECT/planar method investigated here, are likely to be better predictors of organ dose and, as a result, organ toxicities...
- Long-term follow-up of symptomatic patients with lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma/Waldenström macroglobulinemia treated with the anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody alemtuzumabSteven P Treon
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 118:276-81. 2011..Late AITP is a newly recognized complication of alemtuzumab in this patient population. This study is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00142181...
- A pilot study of epratuzumab and rituximab in combination with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone chemotherapy in patients with previously untreated, diffuse large B-cell lymphomaIvana N M Micallef
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 107:2826-32. 2006....
- Multicenter phase II study of bortezomib in patients with relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphomaRichard I Fisher
University of Rochester, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, Rochester, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4867-74. 2006..Evaluate response rate, duration of response (DOR), time-to-progression (TTP), overall survival (OS), and safety of bortezomib treatment in patients with relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- Indolent lymphomas: current and emerging treatment approachesDavid Maloney
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 4:1-10; quiz 11-2. 2006....
- Early results of a phase I trial of oblimersen sodium for relapsed or refractory Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemiaMorie A Gertz
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Lymphoma 5:282-4. 2005..Presented herein are early data on the phase I portion of a phase I/II study of oblimersen in WM to identify the maximum tolerated dose and to evaluate response in patients with symptomatic WM...