Affiliation: University of Colorado at Denver
- Improved machine learning method for analysis of gas phase chemistry of peptidesAllison Gehrke
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Colorado at Denver, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 9:515. 2008..Improved discrimination is achieved with theoretical spectra that are based on simulating gas phase chemistry of the peptides, but the limited understanding of those processes affects the accuracy of predictions from theoretical spectra...
- Computational methods in medical decision making: to screen or not to screen?Karen Kafadar
Department of Mathematics, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO 80217 3364, USA
Stat Med 24:569-81. 2005....
- Alternative definitions of comparable case groups and estimates of lead time and benefit time in randomized cancer screening trialsKaren Kafadar
Department of Mathematics, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado 80217 3364, USA
Stat Med 22:83-111. 2003....
- Simultaneous smoothing and adjusting mortality rates in U.S. counties: melanoma in white females and white malesK Kafadar
Department of Mathematics, Box 170, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado 80217 3364, USA
Stat Med 18:3167-88. 1999..Maps of the continental United States show regions of high rates, even after having adjusted for age and latitude, and suggest the possibility of other variables that may influence the rates...
- Fundamental concepts in statistics: elucidation and illustrationD Curran-Everett
Departments of Pediatrics and of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, 80217 3364, USA
J Appl Physiol 85:775-86. 1998..An understanding of concepts such as variability, uncertainty, and significance is necessary, but it is not sufficient; we show also that the numerical results of statistical analyses have limitations...
- Appropriate antibiotic use: variation in knowledge and awareness by Hispanic ethnicity and languageKitty K Corbett
Department of Anthropology, University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80217 3364, USA
Prev Med 40:162-9. 2005....
- Systematic order-dependent effect in expression values, variance, detection calls and differential expression in Affymetrix GeneChipsKathe E Bjork
Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80217, USA
Bioinformatics 23:2873-80. 2007..The effect strongly influenced detection calls and tests for differential expression and can potentially significantly bias experimental results based on GeneChip profiling...
- The "minimizing antibiotic resistance in Colorado" project: impact of patient education in improving antibiotic use in private office practicesRalph Gonzales
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Health Serv Res 40:101-16. 2005..To assess the marginal impact of patient education on antibiotic prescribing to children with pharyngitis and adults with acute bronchitis in private office practices...
- Validation and estimation of parameters for a general probabilistic model of the PCR processNilanjan Saha
Department of Computer Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
J Comput Biol 14:97-112. 2007..The calibrated model is validated using RT-PCR data...
- "Get smart Colorado": impact of a mass media campaign to improve community antibiotic useRalph Gonzales
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Med Care 46:597-605. 2008..Large-scale strategies are needed to reduce overuse of antibiotics in US communities...