Christine E Kaestle
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Young age at first sexual intercourse and sexually transmitted infections in adolescents and young adultsChristine E Kaestle
Department of Maternal and Child Health, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7400, USA
Am J Epidemiol 161:774-80. 2005..11, 95% confidence interval: 0.88, 1.39). Thus, earlier initiation of sexual intercourse is strongly associated with STIs for older adolescents but not for young adults over age 23 years...
- Sexual intercourse precedes partner violence in adolescent romantic relationshipsChristine E Kaestle
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7400, USA
J Adolesc Health 36:386-92. 2005..To examine whether psychological or physical violence between adolescent romantic partners is associated with the sexual intercourse status of the couple...
- Perceived physical maturity, age of romantic partner, and adolescent risk behaviorCarolyn Tucker Halpern
Department of Maternal and Child Health, CB 7445, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7445, USA
Prev Sci 8:1-10. 2007....
- Gene-environment contributions to young adult sexual partneringCarolyn T Halpern
Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 8120, 27599 7445, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7445, USA
Arch Sex Behav 36:543-54. 2007..These findings underscore the necessity of using more comprehensive multiple gene-multiple life experience approaches to investigations of complex behaviors such as sexual patterns...
- Sexual intercourse and the age difference between adolescent females and their romantic partnersChristine E Kaestle
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 34:304-9. 2002..Very little is known, however, about how romantic involvement progresses to intercourse, particularly among adolescent females with older male partners...
- Sexual activity among adolescents in romantic relationships with friends, acquaintances, or strangersChristine E Kaestle
Department of Maternal and Child Health, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:849-53. 2005..Design, Setting, and..