Joseph W Kable
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The neurobiology of decision: consensus and controversyJoseph W Kable
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuron 63:733-45. 2009..Neurobiological studies of decision making are beginning to enhance our understanding of economic and social behavior as well as our understanding of significant health disorders where people's behavior plays a key role...
- An "as soon as possible" effect in human intertemporal decision making: behavioral evidence and neural mechanismsJoseph W Kable
Center for Neural Science, New York University, New York, New York, USA
J Neurophysiol 103:2513-31. 2010....
- The neural correlates of subjective value during intertemporal choiceJoseph W Kable
Center for Neural Science, New York University, 4 Washington Place, Room 809, New York, New York 10003, USA
Nat Neurosci 10:1625-33. 2007..This similarity provides unambiguous evidence that the subjective value of potential rewards is explicitly represented in the human brain...
- Decision makers calibrate behavioral persistence on the basis of time-interval experienceJoseph T McGuire
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, 3720 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cognition 124:216-26. 2012..We conclude that temporal expectations act as a powerful and adaptive influence on people's tendency to sustain patient decisions...
- Fractionating the left frontal response to tools: dissociable effects of motor experience and lexical competitionIrene P Kan
University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 18:267-77. 2006..Crucial to the interpretation of the premotor response, individual variation in motor experience was highly correlated with the magnitude of the response in the premotor cortex, but not in the prefrontal cortex...
- Specificity of action representations in the lateral occipitotemporal cortexJoseph W Kable
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 18:1498-517. 2006..These action-specific adaptation effects provide compelling evidence that representations in the pSTS, MT/MST, and EBA abstract actions from the agents involved and distinguish between different particular actions...
- Rational temporal predictions can underlie apparent failures to delay gratificationJoseph T McGuire
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania
Psychol Rev 120:395-410. 2013..PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2013 APA, all rights reserved)...
- The valuation system: A coordinate-based meta-analysis of BOLD fMRI experiments examining neural correlates of subjective valueOscar Bartra
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, 3720 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Electronic address
Neuroimage 76:412-27. 2013..These regions appear to constitute a "valuation system," carrying a domain-general SV signal and potentially contributing to value-based decision making...
- Conceptual representations of action in the lateral temporal cortexJoseph W Kable
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104-4283, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 17:1855-70. 2005....
- Neural substrates of action event knowledgeJoseph W Kable
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, 3 West Gates Building, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-4283, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 14:795-805. 2002..The lateral occipital-temporal cortex mediates the perceptual and conceptual features of action events, similar to the way that the ventral occipital-temporal cortex processes the perceptual and conceptual features of entities...
- Neural mechanisms underlying changes in preferenceJoseph W Kable; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal of this research is to inform efforts to promote positive changes in health-related behaviors, particularly in the setting of addiction. ..