David B Joseph
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Current approaches to the urologic care of children with spina bifidaDavid B Joseph
Section of Pediatric Urology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Children s Hospital, 1600 7th Avenue, South, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Curr Urol Rep 9:151-7. 2008..This article describes the foundations of management, beginning at birth, for caring for children with spina bifida...
- Urinary incontinenceC D Anthony Herndon
Section of Pediatric Urology, Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Children s Hospital, 1600 7th Avenue S, Birmingham, AL 35233 1711, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 53:363-77, vi. 2006..When the initial evaluation identifies an anatomic abnormality or when primary therapy fails, referral to a pediatric urologist is warranted...
- Pediatric urodynamics: basic concepts for the neurosurgeonDavid M Kitchens
Section of Pediatric Urology, University of Alabama Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Neurosurg Focus 23:E8. 2007..Technical aspects of the study are described along with normal and abnormal findings...
- Sirolimus therapy for fibromatosis and multifocal renal cell carcinoma in a child with tuberous sclerosis complexJoseph G Pressey
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:1035-7. 2010..In an attempt to avoid bilateral nephrectomies, the patient was treated with the mTOR inhibitor sirolimus. Within 6 months of therapy, the fibromatosis and remaining RCC tumors responded substantially with minimal adverse effects...
- Outcome after discontinuing prophylactic antibiotics in children with persistent vesicoureteral refluxDavid M Kitchens
University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
J Urol 184:1594-7. 2010..We report outcomes with respect to the urinary tract infection incidence and to whether surgical intervention was eventually done...
- Bladder neck cinch for pediatric neurogenic outlet deficiencyCharles E Bugg
Division of Urology, University of Alabama at Birmingham and Childre's Hospital, Alabama 35233, USA
J Urol 170:1501-3; discussion 1503-4. 2003..The bladder neck cinch appears to be an acceptable addition to the technique of fascial slings. However, we have subsequently changed our technique because these results did not meet our expectations...
- Bladder rehabilitation in children with spina bifida: state-of-the-"ART"David B Joseph
J Urol 173:1850-1. 2005
- Randomized, controlled trial of spaced education to urology residents in the United States and CanadaB Price Kerfoot
Department of Surgery Urology, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 177:1481-7. 2007..We investigated whether an online educational program based on spacing effect principles could significantly improve the acquisition and retention of medical knowledge...
- This month in pediatric urologyDavid B Joseph
J Urol 180:1212-3. 2008