Genomes and Genes
Joan S Jorgensen
Affiliation: University of Illinois
- Irx3 is differentially up-regulated in female gonads during sex determinationJoan S Jorgensen
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois, 2001 South Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 5:756-62. 2005..This timing coincides with the transition of female primordial germ cells from mitotic proliferation to meiotic division, and the organization of germ cell cysts prior to primordial follicle development at birth...
- The fused toes locus is essential for somatic-germ cell interactions that foster germ cell maturation in developing gonads in miceBongki Kim
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
Biol Reprod 84:1024-32. 2011..In summary, we conclude that the Ft locus contains genes essential for somatic-germ cell interactions, without which the germ cell niche fails to mature in both sexes...
- Two regions within the proximal steroidogenic factor 1 promoter drive somatic cell-specific activity in developing gonads of the female mouseLiying Gao
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Biol Reprod 84:422-34. 2011..Together, we show that transient transfection experiments performed within developing testes and ovaries are a powerful tool to uncover elements within the Sf1 promoter that contribute to sex-specific expression...
- Primordial germ cell proliferation is impaired in Fused Toes mutant embryosBongki Kim
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Dev Biol 349:417-26. 2011..From these studies, we have discovered that the Ft locus on mouse chromosome 8 is associated with cell cycle deficits within the primordial germ cell population that initiates just before translocation into the genital ridge...
- The androgen receptor represses transforming growth factor-beta signaling through interaction with Smad3Jerry E Chipuk
Ireland Cancer Center Research Laboratories, Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 277:1240-8. 2002..In conclusion, our data demonstrate for the first time that ligand-bound AR inhibits TGF-beta transcriptional responses through selectively repressing the binding of Smad3 to SBE...
- STEROIDS REPRESS LH THROUGH PROTEIN/PROTEIN INTERACTIONSJOAN JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Aim 3, we propose to design transgenic mice in order to define the site and mechanism of steroidogenic regulation on the LHbeta subunit gene. ..
- Sexually Dimorphic Regulation Of SF-1 In GonadogenesisJOAN JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2006....