R Scott Jones
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Requiem and renewalR Scott Jones
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
Ann Surg 240:395-404. 2004
- Research: a vital component of optimal patient care in the United StatesR Scott Jones
Division of Research and Optimal Patient Care, American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL, USA
Ann Surg 240:573-7. 2004..The most likely cause of this problem is that the surgical profession has failed to develop and sustain an adequate research workforce...
- Surgeon compensation: "Pay for performance," the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, the Surgical Care Improvement Program, and other considerationsR Scott Jones
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0709, USA
Surgery 138:829-36. 2005
- Surgery resident working conditions and job satisfactionDaniel L Davenport
Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
Surgery 144:332-338.e5. 2008..This study surveyed surgery residents regarding working conditions and how those conditions influenced their job satisfaction...
- Successful implementation of the Department of Veterans Affairs' National Surgical Quality Improvement Program in the private sector: the Patient Safety in Surgery studyShukri F Khuri
Department of Surgery, VA Boston Healthcare System, West Roxbury, MA 02132, USA
Ann Surg 248:329-36. 2008..We sought to determine if NSQIP methods and risk models were applicable to private sector (PS) hospitals and if implementation of the NSQIP in the PS would be associated with reductions in adverse postoperative outcomes...
- American College of Surgeons remains committed to patient safetyThomas R Russell
American College of Surgeons, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am Surg 72:1005-9; discussion 1021-30, 1133-48. 2006..Additionally, they examine the cultural changes required within surgery and provide an overview of the College's recent initiatives in research, accreditation, and education...
- Quality and safety in surgical careHiram C Polk
Department of Surgery, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Ann Surg 243:439-48. 2006
- Relative contributions of surgeons and decision support systemsR Scott Jones
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, PO Box 800709, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0709, USA
Surg Clin North Am 86:169-79, xi. 2006..Ultimately, the organization of systems will incorporate best evidence into the processes of care and will document the outcomes of care...
- American Surgical Association Blue Ribbon Committee Report on Surgical Education: 2004Haile T Debas
ASA Blue Ribbon Committee on Surgical Education, UCSF Global Health Sciences, 94143 0443, USA
Ann Surg 241:1-8. 2005
- The health workforce: a position statementJay L Grosfeld
American Surgical Association, USA
Ann Surg 246:525-6. 2007
- A follow-up report on the American College of Surgeons Oncology GroupR Scott Jones
Bull Am Coll Surg 90:48-50. 2005
- The National Cancer Data Base: a clinical surveillance and quality improvement toolDavid P Winchester
J Surg Oncol 85:1-3. 2004
- Medicine, government, and capitalismR Scott Jones
J Am Coll Surg 194:111-20. 2002