S R Johnson
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Uterine and vaginal effects of unopposed ultralow-dose transdermal estradiolSusan R Johnson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:779-87. 2005..To investigate uterine effects of unopposed ultralow-dose transdermal estradiol administered to postmenopausal women for 2 years...
- Defining benefits and risks for SERMs in clinical trials and clinical practiceS R Johnson
University of Iowa Colleges of Medicine and Public Health, Iowa City 52242, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 949:304-14. 2001..In the practice setting, we elaborate the challenges of keeping up with the scientific literature and of then communicating this information in a fashion that is relevant to the individual patient...
- The Women's Health Initiative and hormone therapy, 5 years laterSusan R Johnson
University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 74:755-6. 2007
- Job satisfaction and workplace characteristics of primary and specialty care physicians at a bimodal medical schoolG R Bergus
Department of Family Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242, USA
Acad Med 76:1148-52. 2001..A few medical schools are highly successful in obtaining research funding and producing primary care physicians. The authors compared the job satisfaction of primary and specialty care faculty at one of these bimodal schools...
- Persistent HPV infection in postmenopausal age womenE M Smith
Department of Epidemiology, 2800 SB, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 87:131-7. 2004..Because this association in older, postmenopausal age women has received little attention, we evaluated persistence of HPV among women in this age group...
- Menopausal symptoms and treatment-related effects of estrogen and progestin in the Women's Health InitiativeVanessa M Barnabei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:1063-73. 2005..To estimate the effects of estrogen plus progestin (E+P) therapy on menopausal symptoms, vaginal bleeding, gynecologic surgery rates, and treatment-related adverse effects in postmenopausal women...
- Hormone replacement therapy: applying the results of the Women's Health InitiativeSusan R Johnson
Cleve Clin J Med 69:682, 685. 2002
- The Women's Health Initiative postmenopausal hormone trials: overview and baseline characteristics of participantsMarcia L Stefanick
Stanford Center for Research in Disease Prevention, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Ann Epidemiol 13:S78-86. 2003
- Incidence of cervical cytological abnormalities with aging in the women's health initiative: a randomized controlled trialShagufta Yasmeen
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, 95817, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:410-9. 2006..To estimate the incidence of cytological abnormalities and cervical cancer and to determine the effect of oral estrogen and progestin on cervical cytology among postmenopausal women participating in a multi-institution clinical trial...