S D Johnson
Affiliation: University of Missouri-St. Louis
- An analysis of stressors and co-morbid mental health problems that contribute to youth's paths to substance-specific servicesS D Johnson
Department of Social Work, University of Missouri St Louis, 8001 Natural Bridge Road, St Louis, MO 63121 4499, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 28:412-26. 2001..Contributors to the substance misuse path included youths' family substance dependence and environmental stressors. Contributors to the mental health services path were comorbid depression and substance misuse...
- History of sexual trauma and recent HIV-risk behaviors of community-recruited substance using womenSharon D Johnson
School of Social Work, University of Missouri St Louis, 121 Bellerive Hall, One University Dr, St Louis, MO 63121, USA
AIDS Behav 15:172-8. 2011..Treatment efforts with women who have experienced a sexual trauma may be enhanced by the inclusion of assessments of physical and mental health needs as well as sexual risk awareness training...
- Substance use, post-traumatic stress disorder and violenceSharon D Johnson
University of Missouri St Louis, School of Social Work, St Louis, Missouri 63121, USA
Curr Opin Psychiatry 21:242-6. 2008..The present review focuses on the co-occurrence of substance use disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, with special attention to measurement and the role of violence as a contributor to the comorbidity...
- Comorbid substance use and HIV risk in older African American drug usersSharon D Johnson
University of Missouri St Louis, School of Social Work, 590 Lucas Hall, One University Blvd, St Louis, MO 63121, USA
J Aging Health 19:646-58. 2007..This analysis examines substance abuse/dependence and related HIV risk behaviors among older drug users in comparison to their younger counterparts...
- The association of substance use disorders with trauma exposure and PTSD among African American drug usersSharon D Johnson
University of Missouri St Louis, School of Social Work, 590 Lucas Hall, One University Blvd St Louis, MO 63121, United States
Addict Behav 31:2063-73. 2006..Implications for multifaceted treatment which addresses multiple psychopathologies, PTSD, and risk for exposure are discussed...
- The association of sexual dysfunction and substance use among a community epidemiological sampleSharon D Johnson
Department of Social Work, University of Missouri St Louis, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Arch Sex Behav 33:55-63. 2004..Painful sex was associated with illicit drug use and marijuana use. Inhibited sexual excitement was more likely among illicit drug users. Inhibited sexual desire was not associated with drug or alcohol use...
- A tripartite of HIV-risk for African American women: the intersection of drug use, violence, and depressionSharon D Johnson
Department of Social Work, University of Missouri St Louis, 8001 Natural Bridge Road, 590 Lucas Hall, 63121 4499, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 70:169-75. 2003..This area of research may improve our understanding of the numerous obstacles to HIV intervention among drug-using populations...
- Psychiatric disorders among victims of a courthouse shooting spree: a three-year follow-up studySharon D Johnson
Department of Social Work, University of Missouri St Louis, 63121 4499, USA
Community Ment Health J 38:181-94; discussion 195-7. 2002..quot; The need for intervention among symptomatic individuals not meeting diagnostic criteria should not be discounted as subdiagnostic distress may warrant specific intervention...
- The association of trauma and PTSD with the substance use profiles of alcohol- and cocaine-dependent out-of-treatment womenSharon D Johnson
School of Social Work, University of Missouri St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63121, USA Sharon
Am J Addict 19:490-5. 2010..There is added risk for associated trauma and subsequent PTSD among women who have dual substance dependence. ..
- Health care disparities among out-of treatment cocaine users in St. LouisCatherine Woodstock Striley
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, USA
Mo Med 105:72-8. 2008..Gender-related disparities in care and attitudes towards care emerged. In multivariate models controlling for baseline visits and intervention group, follow-up visits increased among depressed men and female sex traders with insurance...
- Developmental Psychopathology and Maternal Substance UseSharon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Mentors and consultants will provide expertise and oversight in all career development and research activities. ..