RICHARD JOSEPH JOHNSON
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- The effect of fructose on renal biology and diseaseRichard J Johnson
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:2036-9. 2010..We suggest excessive fructose intake should be considered an environmental toxin with major health implications...
- Sack and sugar, and the aetiology of gout in England between 1650 and 1900Christopher Rivard
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado, Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:421-6. 2013..We suggest that the introduction of sugar explains why gout was originally a disease of the wealthy and educated, but gradually became common throughout society...
- Theodore E. Woodward award. The evolution of obesity: insights from the mid-MioceneRichard J Johnson
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80016, USA
Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc 121:295-305; discussion 305-8. 2010..Hence, we propose that Neel's thrifty gene hypothesis is supported by these new insights into the mechanisms regulating fructose metabolism...
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: is it time to reappraise the role of sugar consumption?Richard J Johnson
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO 80045, USA
Postgrad Med 123:39-49. 2011..We recommend further studies to investigate the possible relationship between chronic sugar intake and ADHD...
- Uric acid: a danger signal from the RNA world that may have a role in the epidemic of obesity, metabolic syndrome, and cardiorenal disease: evolutionary considerationsRichard J Johnson
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Semin Nephrol 31:394-9. 2011..Today, the loss of uricase functions as a thrifty gene, increasing our risk for obesity and cardiorenal disease...
- Role of Uric Acid in Hypertension and Renal DiseaseRichard Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Uric Acid and Hypertension in African-AmericansRichard Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 3 we test the hypothesis that prevention of chlorthalidone induced hyperuricemia with allopurinol improves renal blood flow and GFR and prevents microalbumineria. ..
- Role of Uric Acid in Cardiovascular and Renal DiseaseRICHARD JOSEPH JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..The role of these factors in this syndrome, have not been widely studied. Identifying a casual role for these factors could lead to new treatments for metabolic syndrome. ..
- Endothelial Cell in Progressive Renal DiseaseRichard Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..