Regina Jones Johnson
Affiliation: University of Texas
- A history of drug use and childhood sexual abuse among incarcerated males in a county jailRegina J Johnson
The University of Texas at Austin, School of Nursing, Austin, Texas 78701 1499, USA
Subst Use Misuse 40:211-29. 2005....
- The relationship between childhood sexual abuse and sexual health practices of homeless adolescentsRegina Jones Johnson
School of Nursing, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78701 1499, USA
Adolescence 41:221-34. 2006..Adolescents who report sexual abuse should receive risk counseling and be screened regularly for the development of sexual risk behaviors...
- Advances in understanding and treating childhood sexual abuse: implications for research and policyRegina Jones Johnson
School of Nursing, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Fam Community Health 31:S24-31. 2008....
- Improving access to health care for uninsured elderly patientsShalonda Horton
School of Nursing, The University of Texas at Austin, Texas 78701 1499, USA
Public Health Nurs 27:362-70. 2010..In this article, we provide an assessment of the barriers that limit access to health care in the uninsured elderly population and suggest recommendations and possible solutions to eliminate or reduce these barriers...
- Gender differences in victimized homeless adolescentsRegina Jones Johnson
School of Nursing, The University of Texas at Austin, School of Nursing, 1700 Red River St, Austin TX 78701-1499, USA
Adolescence 41:39-53. 2006..Effective short-term interventions are needed for the adolescent victims of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA), particularly those who are homeless and prone to further sexual victimization...
- The relationship between future orientation and street substance use among Texas alternative school studentsR J Peters
Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 77030, USA
Am J Addict 14:478-85. 2005..While the relationships tested in this study are exploratory, they provide evidence for an important connection between future orientation and substance use among adolescents attending alternative schools...
- The relationship between sexual abuse and drug use: a view of African-American college students in TexasQueen Martin
Prairie View A and M University, Department of Health and Performance, Prairie View, TX, USA
J Ethn Subst Abuse 4:23-33. 2005..2, p < .05). While the relationships tested in this study are exploratory, they provide evidence for an important connection between sexual abuse and substance use among African-American college students...