Mahlon D Johnson
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Carson Walter E, Winans B, Whiteman M, Liu Y, Jarvela S, Haapasalo H, et al. Characterization of TEM1/endosialin in human and murine brain tumors. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:417 pubmed publisher..The cellular localization of TEM1/endosialin and its expression profile in primary and metastatic brain tumors support efforts to therapeutically target this protein, potentially via antibody mediated drug delivery strategies. ..
- Johnson M. Transforming Growth Factor Beta Family in the Pathogenesis of Meningiomas. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:113-119 pubmed publisher..The TGF-β family may represent new targets for chemotherapy and could include inhibitors of kinases activated by TGF-β. ..
- Johnson M, Pace J, Burroughs J. Fourth ventricle rosette-forming glioneuronal tumor. Case report. J Neurosurg. 2006;105:129-31 pubmed..Recognition of, and long-term follow up for, this recently described pathological entity may clarify the nature of this lesion and strategies for its optimal management. ..
- Johnson M, O Connell M, Vito F, Pilcher W. Bone morphogenetic protein 4 and its receptors are expressed in the leptomeninges and meningiomas and signal via the Smad pathway. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2009;68:1177-83 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that BMP-4 and BMPRs may play autocrine/paracrine roles and interact with other transforming growth factor-beta superfamily members in regulating meningioma growth and differentiation. ..
- Johnson M, Vito F, Xu H, Xu H. MUC16 expression and risk of adenocarcinoma metastases to peritoneum, pleura, leptomeninges, and brain. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2010;18:250-3 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that adenocarcinomas with MUC16 expression may have an increased risk for metastases to pleura/peritoneum but not the leptomeninges or brain. ..
- Johnson M, O CONNELL M. Na-K-2Cl cotransporter and aquaporin 1 in arachnoid granulations, meningiomas, and meningiomas invading dura. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:1118-24 pubmed publisher..This was extensive in all subtypes of meningiomas studied. These findings suggest that NKCC1 and AQP1 participate in meningioma biology and invasion. NKCC1 might be targeted by FDA-approved NKCC1 inhibitors. ..