Affiliation: University of California
- Quality of life (QOL) of older adult community choral singers in FinlandJulene K Johnson
Institute for Health and Aging, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 25:1055-64. 2013..This study examines the relationship between perceived benefits associated with choral singing and QOL among community-dwelling older adults...
- Jean-Martin Charcot's role in the 19th century study of music aphasiaJulene K Johnson
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco, 3333 California St, Suite 340, San Francisco, California 94118, USA
Brain 136:1662-70. 2013..In this paper, we describe Charcot's ideas regarding music and place them within the historical context of the growing interest in the neurological underpinnings of music abilities that took place in the 1880s...
- Longitudinal change in neuropsychological performance using latent growth models: a study of mild cognitive impairmentJulene K Johnson
Institute for Health and Aging, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Brain Imaging Behav 6:540-50. 2012..Thus, decline in non-memory domains may be an important feature for distinguishing healthy older adults and persons with MCI...
- Baseline predictors of clinical progression among patients with dysexecutive mild cognitive impairmentJulene K Johnson
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 30:344-51. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate baseline predictors of clinical progression after 2 years for patients with dysexecutive MCI (dMCI), a single-domain non-amnestic MCI subgroup...
- Mild cognitive impairment: baseline and longitudinal structural MR imaging measures improve predictive prognosisLinda K McEvoy
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Radiology 259:834-43. 2011..To assess whether single-time-point and longitudinal volumetric magnetic resonance (MR) imaging measures provide predictive prognostic information in patients with amnestic mild cognitive impairment (MCI)...
- Spatial patterns of brain amyloid-beta burden and atrophy rate associations in mild cognitive impairmentDuygu Tosun
Center for Imaging Neurodegenerative Diseases, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centre, 4150 Clement Street, Building 13, 114 M, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Brain 134:1077-88. 2011....
- A brief neuropsychological battery for use in the chronic heart failure populationLisa Bauer
University of California, San Francisco, United States
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 11:223-30. 2012..Cognitive impairment is a recognized consequence of heart failure; however, there are no neuropsychological batteries with documented psychometric data in the chronic heart failure population...
- 17q-linked frontotemporal dementia-amyotrophic lateral sclerosis without tau mutations with tau and alpha-synuclein inclusionsKirk C Wilhelmsen
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, Emeryville, CA, USA
Arch Neurol 61:398-406. 2004..The most common familial form of this condition is caused by mutations in the microtubule-associated protein tau gene (MAP tau) and is associated with neuronal or glial tau inclusions...
- ISOLATED EXECUTIVE IMPAIRMENT AND COGNITIVE DECLINEJulene Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- ISOLATED EXECUTIVE IMPAIRMENT AND COGNITIVE DECLINEJulene K Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2010....