Jeffrey S Johnson
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Increased Alpha-Band Power during the Retention of Shapes and Shape-Location Associations in Visual Short-Term MemoryJeffrey S Johnson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Madison Madison, WI, USA
Front Psychol 2:128. 2011..These results provide support for the proposal that alpha-band oscillations reflect the retention of shape information and/or shape-location associations in short-term memory...
- Task-dependent changes in cortical excitability and effective connectivity: a combined TMS-EEG studyJeffrey S Johnson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 6001 Research Park Blvd, Madison, WI 53719, USA
J Neurophysiol 107:2383-92. 2012..These findings contribute to a growing body of work using combined TMS and neuroimaging methods to explore task-dependent changes in the functional organization of cortical networks implicated in task performance...
- A dynamic neural field model of visual working memory and change detectionJeffrey S Johnson
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Psychol Sci 20:568-77. 2009..These findings place strong constraints on models addressing the nature of visual working memory and its underlying mechanisms...
- A layered neural architecture for the consolidation, maintenance, and updating of representations in visual working memoryJeffrey S Johnson
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI 53719, USA
Brain Res 1299:17-32. 2009..Importantly, the proposed model demonstrates how these elementary perceptual and cognitive functions emerge from the coordinated activity of an integrated, dynamic neural system...
- Using EEG to explore how rTMS produces its effects on behaviorJeffrey S Johnson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53719, USA
Brain Topogr 22:281-93. 2010..Simultaneous recording of the EEG thus offers an important means of directly testing assumptions about how rTMS exerts its effects on behavior...
- Implicit memory influences the allocation of attention in visual cortexJeffrey S Johnson
Department of Psychology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1407, USA
Psychon Bull Rev 14:834-9. 2007..We suggest that this guidance of attention by implicit memory is important in the natural environment because it allows environmental regularities to influence perception without the intervention of limited-capacity conscious processes...
- The role of attention in the maintenance of feature bindings in visual short-term memoryJeffrey S Johnson
Department of Psychology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1407, USA
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 34:41-55. 2008..Contrary to this proposal, it was found that memory for bindings and memory for features were equally impaired by the search task...
- Trait-like differences in underlying oscillatory state predict individual differences in the TMS-evoked responseBornali Kundu
Medical Scientist Training Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA Neuroscience Training Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA Electronic address
Brain Stimul 7:234-42. 2014..Further, delay-period spectrograms revealed patterns of activity, the sustained pattern of delay-period activity (SPDPA), which were different across individuals...
- Calibration algorithm for eyetracking with unrestricted head movementJeffrey S Johnson
Department of Psychology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Behav Res Methods 39:123-32. 2007..By making such details available, we hope to facilitate the development of cost-effective, nonproprietary eyetracking solutions...