Affiliation: University of California
- Identification of diagnostic evoked response potential segments in Alzheimer's diseaseJames Benvenuto
Thuris Corporation, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Exp Neurol 176:269-76. 2002..The results demonstrate that combinations of selected ERP time segments across different electrodes contain signal features that discriminate AD from control subjects with high sensitivity and specificity...
- Therapeutic effects of individualized alpha frequency transcranial magnetic stimulation (alphaTMS) on the negative symptoms of schizophreniaYi Jin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, USA
Schizophr Bull 32:556-61. 2006..These results affirm that the resonant features of alpha frequency EEG play an important role in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and merit further investigation as a particularly efficacious frequency for rTMS treatments...
- Alpha EEG predicts visual reaction timeYi Jin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California Irvine College of Medicine, Irvine, California 2868 3298, USA
Int J Neurosci 116:1035-44. 2006..These findings are consistent with previous reports and support the hypothesis that alpha EEG represents excitability cycles and may serves as a brain clock for spatial synchronization...
- EEG resonant responses in schizophrenia: a photic driving study with improved harmonic resolutionY Jin
From the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Orange CA 92868, USA
Schizophr Res 44:213-20. 2000....
- Gating of a novel brain potential is associated with perceptual anomalies in bipolar disorderJULIE V PATTERSON
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
Bipolar Disord 15:314-25. 2013..In order to evaluate the phenomenological significance of P85 gating, the current study examined reports of perceptual anomalies and their relationship to the P50 and P85 physiological measures of sensory gating...
- An initial report of a new biological marker for bipolar disorder: P85 evoked brain potentialJULIE V PATTERSON
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California 92868, USA
Bipolar Disord 11:596-609. 2009..The goal of this research was to determine how gating of an auditory brain potential at 85 ms (P85), not previously examined in sensory gating studies, differentiated control and patient groups...
- A PET study of the pathophysiology of negative symptoms in schizophrenia. Positron emission tomographySteven G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine 92697 3960, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:227-37. 2002....
- Structured Interview for Assessing Perceptual Anomalies (SIAPA)W E Bunney
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine 92717, USA
Schizophr Bull 25:577-92. 1999..The data indicate that the putative phenomenological correlates of sensory gating may be reliably measured and tested with the Structured Interview for Assessing Perceptual Anomalies...
- The impact of boreal forest fire on climate warmingJ T Randerson
Department of Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Science 314:1130-2. 2006..3 +/- 2.2 Watts per square meter) because multidecadal increases in surface albedo had a larger impact than fire-emitted greenhouse gases. This result implies that future increases in boreal fire may not accelerate climate warming...
- D1 receptor alleles predict PET metabolic correlates of clinical response to clozapineS G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of Caliornia, Irvine 92697 3960, USA
Mol Psychiatry 8:109-13. 2003..05). In this preliminary study, brain metabolic and clinical response to clozapine are related to the D1 receptor genotype...
- P50 sensory gating ratios in schizophrenics and controls: a review and data analysisJULIE V PATTERSON
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92868, USA
Psychiatry Res 158:226-47. 2008..Standards of P50 collection and measurement would help determine whether the gating ratio can be sufficiently reliable to be labeled an endophenotype, and suggestions are made toward this goal...
- Clozapine enhances neurocognition and clinical symptomatology more than standard neurolepticsS G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, UCI Medical Center, Orange 92686, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:479-83. 2001..The superiority of clozapine over haloperidol may be related to clozapine's unique psychopharmacologic profile...
- Cytochrome P450 3A5 genotype is associated with verapamil response in healthy subjectsY Jin
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University, School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:579-85. 2007..CYP3A5 expressers display a greater steady-state oral clearance of verapamil and may therefore experience diminished pharmacological effect of verapamil due to a greater steady state oral clearance...
- [Clinical value of D-dimer in diagnosis and treatment of thrombotic diseases]Yi Jin
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2278-80. 2007..To investigate the clinical significance of D-dimer detection in the diagnosis and treatment of thrombotic diseases...