Affiliation: University of Illinois
- Phorbol esters enhance 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-regulated 25-hydroxyvitamin D-24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1) gene expression through ERK-mediated phosphorylation of specific protein 3 (Sp3) in Caco-2 cellsYan Jiang
Department of Nutrition Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2059, United States
Mol Cell Endocrinol 361:31-9. 2012..These data suggest that MAPK signaling contributes to 1,25(OH)(2)D(3)-induced and PMA-enhanced CYP24A1 gene transcription by modulating Sp3 function...
- Impact of vitamin D supplementation during a resistance training intervention on body composition, muscle function, and glucose tolerance in overweight and obese adultsAndres E Carrillo
Wastl Human Performance Laboratory, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Clin Nutr 32:375-81. 2013..The impact of vitamin D supplementation in overweight and obese adults during resistance training on body composition, muscle function, and glucose tolerance was investigated...
- Effect of phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate activated signaling pathways on 1α, 25 dihydroxyvitamin D3 regulated human 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 24-hydroxylase gene expression in differentiated Caco-2 cellsYan Jiang
Department of Nutrition Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2059, USA
J Cell Biochem 113:1599-607. 2012....
- The effect of differentiation on 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D-mediated gene expression in the enterocyte-like cell line, Caco-2Min Cui
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
J Cell Physiol 218:113-21. 2009..This suggests that decreased recruitment of VDR to vitamin D response elements also contributes to the blunted transcriptional responsiveness to 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) in proliferating Caco-2 cells...
- 1α, 25-Dihydroxyvitamin D regulates hypoxia-inducible factor-1α in untransformed and Harvey-ras transfected breast epithelial cellsYan Jiang
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47906, USA
Cancer Lett 298:159-66. 2010..These results support that 1,25(OH)(2)D regulates HIF-1α protein level via transcriptional regulation in MCF10A cells in contrast to through proteosomal degradation with the presence of H-ras oncogene in MCF10A cells...
- Vitamin D supplementation during exercise training does not alter inflammatory biomarkers in overweight and obese subjectsAndres E Carrillo
Wastl Human Performance Laboratory, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 112:3045-52. 2012..05) after the 12-week intervention. Vitamin D supplementation in healthy, overweight, and obese adults participating in a resistance training intervention did not augment exercise-induced changes in inflammatory biomarkers...
- 1alpha,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D hydroxylase in adipocytesJia Li
Interdepartmental Nutrition Program, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 112:122-6. 2008..Thus, the capacity for local production may play a role in regulating adipocyte growth and metabolism...