Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Zhou Z, Yao X, Li S, Xiong Y, Dong X, Zhao Y, et al. Deubiquitination of Ci/Gli by Usp7/HAUSP Regulates Hedgehog Signaling. Dev Cell. 2015;34:58-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a conserved mechanism by which Ci/Gli is stabilized by a deubiquitination enzyme and identify Usp7/HUASP as a critical regulator of Hh signaling and potential therapeutic target for Hh-related cancers. ..
- Chen P, Zhou Z, Yao X, Pang S, Liu M, Jiang W, et al. Capping Enzyme mRNA-cap/RNGTT Regulates Hedgehog Pathway Activity by Antagonizing Protein Kinase A. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2891 pubmed publisher..Our study makes an unexpected link between the mRNA capping machinery and the Hh signaling pathway, unveils a new facet of Hh signaling regulation, and reveals a potential drug target for modulating Hh signaling activity. ..
- Jiang J. Degrading Ci: who is Cul-pable?. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2315-21 pubmed
- Tian A, Shi Q, Jiang A, Li S, Wang B, Jiang J. Injury-stimulated Hedgehog signaling promotes regenerative proliferation of Drosophila intestinal stem cells. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:807-19 pubmed publisher..Hence, our study uncovers a JNK-Hh-JAK-STAT signaling axis in the regulation of regenerative stem cell proliferation. ..
- Li S, Ma G, Wang B, Jiang J. Hedgehog induces formation of PKA-Smoothened complexes to promote Smoothened phosphorylation and pathway activation. Sci Signal. 2014;7:ra62 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study uncovers a previously uncharacterized mechanism for regulation of PKA activity and demonstrates that the signal-regulated formation of kinase-substrate complexes plays a central role in Hh signal transduction. ..
- Jia J, Tong C, Jiang J. Smoothened transduces Hedgehog signal by physically interacting with Costal2/Fused complex through its C-terminal tail. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2709-20 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that Smo transduces the Hh signal by physically interacting with the Cos2/Fu protein complex. ..
- Ma G, Li S, Han Y, Li S, Yue T, Wang B, et al. Regulation of Smoothened Trafficking and Hedgehog Signaling by the SUMO Pathway. Dev Cell. 2016;39:438-451 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a conserved mechanism whereby the SUMO pathway promotes Hh signaling by regulating Smo subcellular localization and shed light on how sumoylation regulates membrane protein trafficking. ..
- Jia J, Tong C, Wang B, Luo L, Jiang J. Hedgehog signalling activity of Smoothened requires phosphorylation by protein kinase A and casein kinase I. Nature. 2004;432:1045-50 pubmed..Our data indicate that Hh induces progressive Smo phosphorylation by PKA and CKI, leading to elevation of Smo cell-surface levels and signalling activity. ..
- Jia J, Zhang W, Wang B, Trinko R, Jiang J. The Drosophila Ste20 family kinase dMST functions as a tumor suppressor by restricting cell proliferation and promoting apoptosis. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2514-9 pubmed..dMST forms a complex with Sav and Wts, two tumor suppressors also implicated in regulating both cell proliferation and apoptosis, suggesting that they act in common pathways. ..