AMISHI PARAG JHA
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Tracking the time-course of attentional involvement in spatial working memory: an event-related potential investigationAmishi P Jha
Department of Psychology and Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, 3815 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 15:61-9. 2002..These results are consistent with a model of spatial working memory in which perceptual level selective attention is utilized throughout the entire period of active maintenance to keep relevant spatial information in mind...
- Examining the protective effects of mindfulness training on working memory capacity and affective experienceAmishi P Jha
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, 3401 Walnut Street, Suite 302C, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Emotion 10:54-64. 2010..Nonetheless, these findings suggest that sufficient MT practice may protect against functional impairments associated with high-stress contexts...
- Mindfulness training modifies subsystems of attentionAmism P Jha
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 7:109-19. 2007....
- Organization of mnemonic and response operations within prefrontal cortexAmishi P Jha
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience and Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, 3401 Walnut Rm 302C, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Brain Res 1097:133-41. 2006..These results suggest that integrative functions of PFC that allow past information to guide future actions may emerge from communication between discrete subregions supporting mnemonic and response operations...
- The role of prefrontal cortex in resolving distractor interferenceAmishi P Jha
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 4:517-27. 2004..As in ventrolateral PFC, this congruency effect was only present for correct trials. These results suggest that the ventrolateral PFC and fusiform face area may work together to support delay-spanning interference resolution...
- Selective attention supports working memory maintenance by modulating perceptual processing of distractorsKartik K Sreenivasan
University of Pennsylvania, PA 19104, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 19:32-41. 2007..These results suggest that perceptual processing of distracting faces may be attenuated due to attentional biasing against sensory processing of distractors that are most behaviorally intrusive during working memory maintenance...
- Temporal characteristics of top-down modulations during working memory maintenance: an event-related potential study of the N170 componentKartik K Sreenivasan
University of Pennsylvania, PA 19104, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 19:1836-44. 2007..We argue based on these results that temporally early biasing of domain-specific perceptual processing may be a critical mechanism by which WM maintenance is achieved...
- Attention to faces modulates early face processing during low but not high face discriminabilityKartik K Sreenivasan
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Atten Percept Psychophys 71:837-46. 2009..Critically, the early attentional benefit is present only when the "face signal" (i.e., the perceptual quality of the face) in the environment is suboptimal...
- Viewing facial expressions of pain engages cortical areas involved in the direct experience of painMatthew Botvinick
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, PA 19104 6241, USA
Neuroimage 25:312-9. 2005..In addition, they lend support to the idea that common neural substrates are involved in representing one's own and others' affective states...
- Working-memory-triggered dynamic adjustments in cognitive controlAmishi P Jha
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, USA
J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn 36:1036-42. 2010....
- Neural Effects of Mindfulness Training on AttentionAmishi Jha; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project has 2 potential long-term benefits: 1) Refinement of current techniques and therapies using MMT; 2) Introduction of MMT as a neuroenhancement tool that may improve the functioning of attention. ..