Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Energy costs of physical activities in children and adolescentsJoanne S Harrell
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Nursing, CB 7460, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:329-36. 2005..kg(-1).h(-1)) in terms of caloric cost and metabolic equivalents of activities commonly performed by children and adolescents. Secondary aims were to determine at what age and pubertal developmental stage values approach those of adults...
- Changing our future: obesity and the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescentsJoanne S Harrell
School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7460, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 21:322-30. 2006..Preventing and managing the metabolic syndrome should be a family matter, and the necessary lifestyle changes will benefit the entire family...
- CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH IN CHILDREN AND YOUTH--CHIC IIJoanne Harrell; Fiscal Year: 1999..No schools or adolescents who participated in CHIC I will be included. By testing the intervention in 6th - 8th grades, the investigators will be able to compare the efficacy of the elementary vs. middle school interventions. ..
- ENERGY EXPENDITURES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES IN YOUTHJoanne Harrell; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH IN CHILDREN AND YOUTH (CHIC III)Joanne Harrell; Fiscal Year: 2004..This is a cost effective way to obtain these data, as we will be able to capitalize on the data already collected for CHIC II subjects. Major analysis will include general linear models and latent class models. ..
- HEALTH PROMOTION IN CHILDREN--CV RISK FACTORSJoanne Harrell; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Physical Activity in Youth-Preventing Type 2 DiabetesJoanne Harrell; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since the proposed study is a cooperative agreement involving multiple sites, the actual aims, variables and procedures will most likely be modified during the initial planning year. ..