Genomes and Genes
L E Jensen
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Jensen L, Muzio M, Mantovani A, Whitehead A. IL-1 signaling cascade in liver cells and the involvement of a soluble form of the IL-1 receptor accessory protein. J Immunol. 2000;164:5277-86 pubmed..This suggests that sIL-1RAcP may act as an inhibitor of IL-1 by directly interacting with IL-1RI to abolish its capacity to transduce signal. ..
- Jensen L, Whitehead A. Pellino3, a novel member of the Pellino protein family, promotes activation of c-Jun and Elk-1 and may act as a scaffolding protein. J Immunol. 2003;171:1500-6 pubmed..In reporter assays Pellino3 leads to activation of c-Jun and Elk-1, but not NF-kappaB. Pellino3 also leads to activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase. These data suggest that Pellino3 plays an important role in the innate immune response. ..
- Jensen L, Whitehead A. IRAK1b, a novel alternative splice variant of interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase (IRAK), mediates interleukin-1 signaling and has prolonged stability. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29037-44 pubmed..The presence of an alternative splice variant of IRAK1, which is functionally active and highly stable following IL-1 stimulation, adds further complexity to the control mechanisms that govern IL-1 signaling. ..
- Jensen L, Whitehead A. Expression of alternatively spliced interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein mRNAs is differentially regulated during inflammation and apoptosis. Cell Signal. 2003;15:793-802 pubmed..The dramatic changes in levels of IL-1RAcP mRNAs suggest important functions in regulating sensitivity to IL-1 during stress and may play a role in oncogenic processes that are engaged during chronic inflammation. ..
- Jensen L, Whitehead A. Pellino2 activates the mitogen activated protein kinase pathway. FEBS Lett. 2003;545:199-202 pubmed..These observations suggest a role for the Pellino proteins in the IL1/Toll signaling cascades as scaffold proteins that may regulate signaling branch-points. ..
- Jensen L, Whitehead A. The 3' untranslated region of the membrane-bound IL-1R accessory protein mRNA confers tissue-specific destabilization. J Immunol. 2004;173:6248-58 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the cellular capacity to respond to IL-1 is tightly regulated in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Jensen L, Whitehead A. Ubiquitin activated tumor necrosis factor receptor associated factor-6 (TRAF6) is recycled via deubiquitination. FEBS Lett. 2003;553:190-4 pubmed..This indicates a unique mechanism of regulation of TRAF6 activity. ..