Kristi R Jenkins
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Patterns and associations of body weight among older adults in two Asian societiesKristi Rahrig Jenkins
Population Studies Center, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Cross Cult Gerontol 22:83-99. 2007..Implications of the results are discussed in terms of healthy weight maintenance among critical subgroups to potentially reduce the prevalence of disease and improve quality of life...
- Patterns of body weight in middle-aged and older Americans, by gender and race, 1993-2000Kristi R Jenkins
Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Soz Praventivmed 48:257-68. 2003..This article seeks to address this by examining body weight patterns for middle-aged and older adults...
- Body-weight change and physical functioning among young old adultsKristi R Jenkins
University of Michigan, Institute for Social Research, Ann Arbor, MI 48106 1248, USA
J Aging Health 16:248-66. 2004..The main purpose of this study is to examine if body weight change is a potential risk factor for the onset of functional impairment across time among various functional domains...
- Obesity's effects on the onset of functional impairment among older adultsKristi Rahrig Jenkins
The Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, 426 Thompson Street, Box 1248, Room 2044, Ann Arbor, MI 48106 1248, USA
Gerontologist 44:206-16. 2004..Second, it explores how health behaviors and health conditions may explain the relationship between body weight and the onset of functional impairment...
- Functional impairment as a risk factor for urinary incontinence among older AmericansKristi Rahrig Jenkins
University of Michigan, Institute for Social Research, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 24:51-5. 2005..Using a large nationally representative sample of older Americans we investigate four domains of functional impairment as possible risk factors for the subsequent development of urinary incontinence (UI) symptoms...
- Informal caregiving and Body Mass Index among older adultsKristi R Jenkins
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 33:42-51. 2007..The implications of these findings are discussed in terms of nursing practice and research to prevent weight loss and frailty...
- The relationship of older adults' activities and body mass indexKristi Rahrig Jenkins
Institute for Social Research, The University of Michigan, 426 Thompson Street, Room 2044, Ann Arbor, MI
J Aging Health 20:217-34. 2008..To investigate the relationship between Body Mass Index (BMI) and older adults' hours of participation in 31 activities...
- Does urinary incontinence affect middle-aged and older women's time use and activity patterns?Nancy H Fultz
Institute for Research on Women and Gender and the Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Obstet Gynecol 104:1327-34. 2004..To investigate the relationship between urinary incontinence and women's levels and hours of participation in 31 activities...