Joyce R Javier
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- The relationship of immigrant status with access, utilization, and health status for children with asthmaJoyce R Javier
Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Ambul Pediatr 7:421-30. 2007..The objective of this study was to determine whether children with asthma in immigrant families have better than expected health status than children with asthma in nonimmigrant families...
- Children with special health care needs: how immigrant status is related to health care access, health care utilization, and health statusJoyce R Javier
Division of General Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 4650 Sunset Blvd, Mailstop 76, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Matern Child Health J 14:567-79. 2010..Public policies that improve access to existing insurance programs and provide culturally and linguistically appropriate care will likely decrease health and health care disparities for this population...
- Examining depressive symptoms and use of counseling in the past year among Filipino and non-Hispanic white adolescents in CaliforniaJoyce R Javier
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 31:295-303. 2010..We compared measures of depressive symptoms and use of counseling in the past year for Filipino versus non-Hispanic white adolescents in California...
- Lessons learned from a community-academic partnership addressing adolescent pregnancy prevention in Filipino American familiesJoyce R Javier
Children s Hospital Los Angeles, CA, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 4:305-13. 2010..Filipino Americans have more adolescent pregnancies than other Asian-Pacific Islanders (APIs). Few community-academic collaborations have addressed adolescent pregnancy prevention in this community...
- A multi-institutional medical educational collaborative: advocacy training in California pediatric residency programsLisa J Chamberlain
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Acad Med 88:314-21. 2013....
- Filipino child health in the United States: do health and health care disparities exist?Joyce R Javier
Division of General Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, 750 Welch Road, Suite 325, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A36. 2007..The objectives of this review are 1) to appraise current knowledge of Filipino children's health and health care and 2) to present the implications of these findings for research, clinical care, and policy...