K N Javaras
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Comorbidity of fibromyalgia and psychiatric disordersLesley M Arnold
Women s Health Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1219-25. 2006..To assess the co-occurrence of fibromyalgia with psychiatric disorders in participants of a fibromyalgia family study...
- Familiality and heritability of binge eating disorder: results of a case-control family study and a twin studyKristin N Javaras
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Int J Eat Disord 41:174-9. 2008..To estimate the familiality and heritability of binge eating disorder (BED)...
- Conscientiousness predicts greater recovery from negative emotionKristin N Javaras
Laboratory for Affective Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin, USA
Emotion 12:875-81. 2012..In addition, the effect was specific to negative emotional stimuli and did not hold for neutral or positive emotional stimuli...
- Co-occurrence of binge eating disorder with psychiatric and medical disordersKristin N Javaras
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:266-73. 2008..We used data from that type of study to assess the co-occurrence of various psychiatric and medical disorders with DSM-IV BED and with subthreshold BED...
- Estimating disease prevalence using relatives of case and control probandsKristin N Javaras
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1500 Highland Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Biometrics 66:214-21. 2010..Finally, we discuss the assumptions required for our estimators to be approximately unbiased, highlighting situations where an alternative estimator based only on relatives of control probands may perform better...
- Fitting ACE structural equation models to case-control family dataK N Javaras
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Genet Epidemiol 34:238-45. 2010..Further, when our approach is used to fit the ACE model to Austrian case-control family data on depression, the resulting estimate of heritability is very similar to those from previous analyses of twin data...
- Estimating the effect of a predictor measured by two informants on a continuous outcome: a comparison of methodsKristin N Javaras
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Epidemiology 22:390-9. 2011..The results of the simulations and the example suggest that the simple average is a reasonable choice when there are only 2 informants...
- Season of birth and disordered eating in a population-based sample of young U.S. femalesKristin N Javaras
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Int J Eat Disord 44:630-8. 2011..s...
- A structural approach to the familial coaggregation of disordersJames I Hudson
Biological Psychiatry Laboratory, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Epidemiology 19:431-9. 2008..For illustration, we applied our method to a family study of binge eating disorder and bipolar disorder...