Affiliation: University of California
- Prevalence and correlates of rectal Chlamydia and gonorrhea among female clients at sexually transmitted disease clinicsMarjan Javanbakht
Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, CA
Sex Transm Dis 39:917-22. 2012....
- Provider perceptions of barriers and facilitators of HPV vaccination in a high-risk communityMarjan Javanbakht
Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Los Angeles, Box 951772, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Vaccine 30:4511-6. 2012..We explored healthcare provider perspectives on factors influencing HPV vaccination among adolescent girls in a community with high cervical cancer rates...
- Preference and practices relating to lubricant use during anal intercourse: implications for rectal microbicidesMarjan Javanbakht
School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Los Angeles, Box 957353, 10880 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1800, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7353, USA
Sex Health 7:193-8. 2010....
- Concurrency, sex partner risk, and high-risk human papillomavirus infection among African American, Asian, and Hispanic womenMarjan Javanbakht
Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Sex Transm Dis 37:68-74. 2010....
- Sexually transmitted infections and HIV prevalence among incarcerated men who have sex with men, 2000-2005Marjan Javanbakht
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Sexually Transmitted Disease Program, Los Angeles, California, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:S17-21. 2009....
- Efficacy of an individualized adherence support program with contingent reinforcement among nonadherent HIV-positive patients: results from a randomized trialMarjan Javanbakht
AIDS Healthcare Foundation, 2615 South Grand Avenue, Room 500, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 5:143-50. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of a program designed to improve adherence to antiretroviral therapy among patients with poor adherence...
- Behaviors of recently HIV-infected men who have sex with men in the year postdiagnosis: effects of drug use and partner typesPamina M Gorbach
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 56:176-82. 2011..Assess behavior change of recently HIV-infected men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Ethnicity, serostatus, and psychosocial differences in sexual risk behavior among HIV-seropositive and HIV-seronegative womenKeisha Carr Paxton
Department of Psychiatry, Center for AIDS Research, Education and Services, Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA
AIDS Behav 8:405-15. 2004....
- Antiretroviral drug resistance and risk behavior among recently HIV-infected men who have sex with menPamina M Gorbach
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7353, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:639-43. 2008..Examine associations among behaviors including substance use during sexual encounters, and transmitted HIV drug resistance in recently HIV-infected men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Intimate partner violence and sexually transmitted infections among young adult womenKristen L Hess
Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Sex Transm Dis 39:366-71. 2012..This study measured the association between IPV victimization and perpetration and prevalent STIs and STI-risk behaviors among a sample of young women...
- Client satisfaction with rapid HIV testing: comparison between an urban sexually transmitted disease clinic and a community-based testing centerLisa V Smith
Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, Sexually Transmitted Disease Program, Los Angeles, California, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:693-700. 2006..48, 95% CL: 1.51, 4.09). Further research may elucidate the reasons why some groups prefer to wait for results, and enable policymakers to better design strategies to reach high-risk groups with rapid HIV testing...
- Psychosocial predictors of risky sexual behaviors in African American men: implications for preventionHector F Myers
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095 1563, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 15:66-79. 2003..Results confirm previous findings of riskier sexual lifestyle among MSM/W, men with low SES, and men who are experiencing significant psychological distress...
- Sexually transmitted disease testing protocols, sexually transmitted disease testing, and discussion of sexual behaviors in HIV clinics in Los Angeles CountyMelanie M Taylor
CDC NCHSTP DSTDP, Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Infectious Disease Services, Phoenix, Arizona 85007 3237, USA
Sex Transm Dis 32:341-5. 2005....