Kory W Jasperson
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Examining the challenges of family recruitment to behavioral intervention trials: factors associated with participation and enrollment in a multi-state colonoscopy intervention trialRebecca G Simmons
Huntsman Cancer Institute, 2000 Circle of Hope, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Trials 14:116. 2013..Furthermore, although use of cancer registries to identify initial cases has increased, to our knowledge no study has examined the relationship between registries and family recruitment outcomes...
- Constitutional mismatch repair-deficiency syndrome presenting as colonic adenomatous polyposis: clues from the skinK W Jasperson
Huntsman Cancer Institute Department of Pathology Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5550, USA
Clin Genet 80:394-7. 2011..This report highlights the role of skin examinations in leading to an underlying genetic diagnosis in individuals with colonic adenomatous polyposis, but without mutations associated with AFAP or MAP...
- Genetic testing by cancer site: colon (polyposis syndromes)Kory W Jasperson
Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Cancer J 18:328-33. 2012..Reviewed here are the genetic testing strategies for colonic polyposis, as well as an overview of characteristic features and management considerations for these syndromes...
- Working through a diagnostic challenge: colonic polyposis, Amsterdam criteria, and a mismatch repair mutationKory W Jasperson
Department of Clinical Cancer Genetics, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA, USA
Fam Cancer 7:281-5. 2008..We outline evidence supporting the pathogenicity of the identified hMSH6 mutation (arg772trp) and suggest possible etiologies for the unexplained colonic adenomatous polyposis...
- Evaluating Lynch syndrome in very early onset colorectal cancer probands without apparent polyposisKory W Jasperson
Cancer Screening and Prevention Program, City of Hope Cancer Center, Duarte, CA, USA
Fam Cancer 9:99-107. 2010..Careful attention to evolving or additional clinical features is warranted and may lead to an alternate genetic diagnosis in families with early onset CRC...
- Hereditary and familial colon cancerKory W Jasperson
Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Gastroenterology 138:2044-58. 2010..This review examines the colon cancer syndromes, their genetics and management, and also the common familial colon cancers with current genetic advances and screening guidelines...
- Assessing the predictive accuracy of hMLH1 and hMSH2 mutation probability modelsKory W Jasperson
Department of Clinical Cancer Genetics, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
J Genet Couns 15:339-47. 2006..616 and 0.400, respectively). The results of this study demonsrate that neither the Wijnen model nor the Myriad table are sensitive or specific enough to be used as the only indication when to offer genetic testing for HNPCC...