J G Jarvik
Affiliation: University of Washington
- MR nerve imaging in a prospective cohort of patients with suspected carpal tunnel syndromeJ G Jarvik
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, 1959 E Pacific, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Neurology 58:1597-602. 2002..To evaluate the reliability and diagnostic accuracy of high-resolution MRI of the median nerve in a prospectively assembled cohort of subjects with clinically suspected carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS)...
- Imaging studies for acute low back pain. When and when not to order themT O Staiger
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195, USA
Postgrad Med 105:161-2, 165-6, 171-2. 1999..In this article, the authors identify these warning signs and discuss the appropriate use of imaging studies for a variety of symptoms and conditions...
- Variation in the quality of lumbar spine MR images in Washington StateJ G Jarvik
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Health Services Research School of Public Health, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Radiology 215:483-90. 2000....
- A systematic literature review of magnetic resonance spectroscopy for the characterization of brain tumorsW Hollingworth
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1404-11. 2006..Proton MR spectroscopy ((1)H-MR spectroscopy) is a potentially useful adjunct to anatomic MR imaging in the characterization of brain tumors. We performed an updated systematic review of the evidence...
- Diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome: electrodiagnostic and magnetic resonance imaging evaluationJ G Jarvik
Department of Radiology and Neurosurgery, School of Medicine and Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 12:241-53. 2001....
- Treatment with tissue plasminogen activator and inpatient mortality rates for patients with ischemic stroke treated in community hospitalsS D Reed
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, School of Pharmacy, Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Stroke 32:1832-40. 2001..The likelihood of receiving IV tPA varies by race, age, disease severity, and possibly gender. These factors may influence mortality rates...
- Baseline pain and disability in the Investigational Vertebroplasty Efficacy and Safety TrialD F Kallmes
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 30:1203-5. 2009..Our aim was to report baseline characteristics for the Investigational Vertebroplasty Efficacy and Safety Trial (INVEST), a randomized blinded controlled study of vertebroplasty...
- A multicenter in vivo proton-MRS study of HIV-associated dementia and its relationship to ageL Chang
Department of Medicine, John A. Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Neuroimage 23:1336-47. 2004..Aging may further exacerbate brain metabolites associated with inflammation in HIV patient and thereby increase the risk for cognitive impairment...