Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Even-skipped homeobox 1 is frequently hypermethylated in prostate cancer and predicts PSA recurrenceM Truong
Department of Urology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 7037, Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research, 1111 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Br J Cancer 107:100-7. 2012..Given the role of even-skipped homeobox 1 (EVX1) in the regulation of multiple genes during embryogenesis, we postulated that EVX1 methylation is altered in PCa progression...
- A Novel Pathway Links Oxidative Stress to Loss of Insulin Growth Factor-2 (IGF2) Imprinting through NF-κB ActivationBing Yang
Department of Urology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e88052. 2014..This novel finding connects inflammation found in aging prostate tissues with the altered epigenetic landscape. ..
- HP1γ expression is elevated in prostate cancer and is superior to Gleason score as a predictor of biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomyJon Slezak
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53750, USA
BMC Cancer 13:148. 2013..Given an interest in the role developmental genes play in cancer, we investigated HP1γ expression in prostate cancer (PCa) and its prognostic associations...
- CpG island hypermethylation frequently silences FILIP1L isoform 2 expression in prostate cancerJoshua Desotelle
Department of Urology, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin, USA
J Urol 189:329-35. 2013..We investigated whether DNA methylation regulates FILIP1L in senescence and in prostate cancer development...
- A technique for the management of a large median lobe in robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomySutchin R Patel
Department of Urology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 7375, USA
J Endourol 24:1899-901. 2010..When encountering this anatomic variant, a clear surgical plan is required. We describe our approach to the large median lobe and highlight a specific technique that may be beneficial in managing this anatomic variant...
- Phase II open label, multi-center clinical trial of modulation of intermediate endpoint biomarkers by 1α-hydroxyvitamin D2 in patients with clinically localized prostate cancer and high grade pinJason Gee
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Prostate 73:970-8. 2013..Here, we evaluate the biologic activity of a less calcemic vitamin D analog 1α-hydroxyvitamin D2 [1α-OH-D2] (Bone Care International, Inc.) in patients with prostate cancer and high grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (HG PIN)...