M S Jamner
Affiliation: University of California
- Cigar smoking among college students: prevalence and correlatesM S Jamner
School of Social Ecology, University of California, Irvine, 92697 7050, California
Prev Med 29:187-94. 1999....
- A controlled evaluation of a school-based intervention to promote physical activity among sedentary adolescent females: project FABMargaret Schneider Jamner
School of Social Ecology, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Adolesc Health 34:279-89. 2004..To evaluate the effect of a school-based intervention designed to increase physical activity among sedentary adolescent females...
- Media use and obesity in adolescent femalesMargaret Schneider
University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:2328-35. 2007..This study investigated the relative associations of TV viewing and interactive media use with body fat and BMI, controlling for both physical activity participation and cardiovascular fitness...
- Regional brain activation and affective response to physical activity among healthy adolescentsMargaret Schneider
University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
Biol Psychol 82:246-52. 2009..When hard exercise was performed first, the association was not significant. The results are interpreted in light of current theory related to affect in response to exercise...
- Rationale, design and methods for process evaluation in the HEALTHY studyM Schneider
Department of Planning, Policy and Design, University of California at Irvine, Irvine CA 92697, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:S60-7. 2009..Process evaluation methods and procedures documented the fidelity with which the HEALTHY study was implemented across 21 intervention schools and identified ways in which the intervention delivery might be enhanced throughout the study...
- Television viewing: moderator or mediator of an adolescent physical activity intervention?Dan J Graham
Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92617, USA
Am J Health Promot 23:88-91. 2008..To determine whether the amount of television (TV) watched by participants enrolled in a physical activity intervention mediates or moderates program effectiveness...
- Physical activity, growth, and inflammatory mediators in BMI-matched female adolescentsMariam Ischander
Pediatric Exercise Research Center, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 39:1131-8. 2007..To begin to gauge independent effects of physical activity on health risk, we matched by BMI two groups of normal-weight adolescent females, one physically active (all participants in high school sports), and one sedentary...
- Impact of a school-based physical activity intervention on fitness and bone in adolescent femalesMargaret Schneider
University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Phys Act Health 4:17-29. 2007..This study evaluates the impact of a school-based intervention on fitness, activity, and bone among adolescent females...
- Affect, exercise, and physical activity among healthy adolescentsMargaret Schneider
Schneider is with the Department of Planning, Policy and Design, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
J Sport Exerc Psychol 31:706-23. 2009..To promote greater participation in MVPA among adolescents, programs should be designed to facilitate a positive affective experience during exercise...
- Physical self-concept in adolescent girls: behavioral and physiological correlatesGenevieve Fridlund Dunton
Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California Irvine, 92697 7080, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 74:360-5. 2003
- Assessing the perceived environment among minimally active adolescent girls: validity and relations to physical activity outcomesGenevieve Fridlund Dunton
Department of Psychology and Social Behavior at the University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Am J Health Promot 18:70-3. 2003..This study examined how adolescents' perceptions of exercise resources in the environment relate to physical activity outcomes...