D C James
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Weight loss strategies used by African American women: possible implications for tailored messagesD C S James
Department of Health Education and Behavior, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Hum Nutr Diet 26:71-7. 2013..The study also examined the emotional issues that lead to compulsive overeating and identified the types of information that African American women need to help manage their weight...
- Using the health belief model to develop culturally appropriate weight-management materials for African-American womenDelores C S James
Department of Health Science Education, Florida Gym, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 2034, USA
J Acad Nutr Diet 112:664-70. 2012..The data themes suggest areas that should be addressed when developing culturally appropriate weight-loss messages, programs, and materials for African-American women...
- Curriculum integration in nutrition and mathematicsD C James
Dept of Health Science Education, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611 8210, USA
J Sch Health 68:3-6. 1998....
- Gender differences in body mass index and weight loss strategies among African AmericansDelores C S James
Department of Health Science Education, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 2034, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:1360-2. 2003..Women were significantly more likely than men to use liquid meals, to use diet pills, to join a weight loss program, and to increase exercise levels to lose weight (P<.05)...
- Factors influencing food choices, dietary intake, and nutrition-related attitudes among African Americans: application of a culturally sensitive modelDelores C S James
Ethn Health 9:349-67. 2004....
- Type of tobacco product used: are there differences between university and community college students?Delores C S James
Department of Health Education and Behavior, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611 2034, USA
J Drug Educ 37:379-92. 2007..05). The majority of cigarette smokers (62%) were not interested in quitting. The implications for college tobacco education programs are discussed...
- Cluster analysis defines distinct dietary patterns for African-American men and womenDelores C S James
Department of Health Science Education, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 8210, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 109:255-62. 2009....
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: promoting and supporting breastfeedingDelores C S James
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 109:1926-42. 2009....
- A population-based hepatitis B vaccination coverage survey among Asian and Pacific Islander American students in Alachua County, FloridaD C James
Department of Health Science Education, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611-8210, USA
Asian Am Pac Isl J Health 9:188-94. 2001..Most parents knew children needed three vaccines to be fully immunized and correctly identified the liver as the target organ. However, there was uncertainty about the mode of HBV transmission...