Affiliation: University of California
- Assessment of population-based HIV RNA levels in a rural east African setting using a fingerprick-based blood collection methodVivek Jain
HIV AIDS Division, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143 0874, USA
Clin Infect Dis 56:598-605. 2013..We estimated population-based HIV RNA levels using a fingerprick-based approach in a rural Ugandan community implementing rapid ART scale-up...
- When to start antiretroviral therapyVivek Jain
HIV AIDS Division, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 7:60-8. 2010..For patients who are motivated and willing to initiate early treatment, the collective benefits of early therapy may outweigh the well-documented risks of antiretroviral medications...
- Improved employment and education outcomes in households of HIV-infected adults with high CD4 cell counts: evidence from a community health campaign in UgandaHarsha Thirumurthy
Department of Health Policy and Management, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
AIDS 27:627-34. 2013..We examined this association among adults in a rural Ugandan parish...
- The effect of a "universal antiretroviral therapy" recommendation on HIV RNA levels among HIV-infected patients entering care with a CD4 count greater than 500/μL in a public health settingElvin H Geng
Division of HIV AIDS at San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Infect Dis 55:1690-7. 2012..The effect of changing guidance on real-world patient outcomes has not been evaluated...
- Differential persistence of transmitted HIV-1 drug resistance mutation classesVivek Jain
HIV AIDS Division, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Infect Dis 203:1174-81. 2011..The impact of class-specific mutations on this rate of mutation replacement is uncertain...
- Leveraging rapid community-based HIV testing campaigns for non-communicable diseases in rural UgandaGabriel Chamie
HIV AIDS Division, Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e43400. 2012..We tested the feasibility and diagnostic yield of integrating NCD and communicable diseases into a rapid HIV testing and referral campaign for all residents of a rural Ugandan parish...
- Cell-based measures of viral persistence are associated with immune activation and programmed cell death protein 1 (PD-1)-expressing CD4+ T cellsHiroyu Hatano
Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, 995 Potrero Ave, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Infect Dis 208:50-6. 2013..Studies aimed at defining the association between host immune responses and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) persistence during therapy are necessary to develop new strategies for cure...
- Transmitted drug resistance in persons with acute/early HIV-1 in San Francisco, 2002-2009Vivek Jain
HIV AIDS Division, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e15510. 2010..Although several new HIV medications were introduced starting in late 2007, including raltegravir, maraviroc, and etravirine, it is not known whether the prevalence of TDR was subsequently affected in 2008-2009...