Erin C Jacobs
Affiliation: University of California
- Soma-restricted products of the myelin proteolipid gene are expressed primarily in neurons in the developing mouse nervous systemErin C Jacobs
Developmental and Molecular Neuroscience Group, Neuropsychiatric Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif 90024 17519, USA
Dev Neurosci 25:96-104. 2003..The spatial and temporal pattern of sr-PLP and sr-DM20 expression is very similar to that of the endosomal protein, syntaxin 13, consistent with the finding that the sr-PLPs may play a role in vesicular transport in neurons...
- Embryonic expression of the soma-restricted products of the myelin proteolipid gene in motor neurons and muscleErin C Jacobs
Developmental Biology Group, Neuropsychiatric Research Institute, Room 47 444, UCLA School of Medicine, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Neurochem Res 29:997-1002. 2004..These results support the conclusion that the sr-isoforms of the PLP gene have a biological role independent of myelination...
- Genetic alterations in the mouse myelin basic proteins result in a range of dysmyelinating disordersErin C Jacobs
Department of Psychiatry, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Neurol Sci 228:195-7. 2005
- Visualization of corticofugal projections during early cortical development in a tau-GFP-transgenic mouseErin C Jacobs
UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience, 635 Charles E Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7332, USA
Eur J Neurosci 25:17-30. 2007....
- Region-specific myelin pathology in mice lacking the golli products of the myelin basic protein geneErin C Jacobs
Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
J Neurosci 25:7004-13. 2005..Together, all these findings suggest a role for golli proteins in oligodendrocyte differentiation, migration, and/or myelin elaboration in the brain...
- Targeted overexpression of a golli-myelin basic protein isoform to oligodendrocytes results in aberrant oligodendrocyte maturation and myelinationErin C Jacobs
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Neuroscience Research Building, 635 Charles Young Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
ASN Neuro 1:. 2009..The results provide in vivo evidence for a significant role of the golli proteins in the regulation of maturation of OLs and normal myelination...
- Genes involved in the formation of the earliest cortical circuitsZoltan Molnar
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QX, UK
Novartis Found Symp 288:212-24; discussion 224-9, 276-81. 2007..The emergence of cortical cell type specific biomarkers will not only help neuropathological diagnosis, but will also eventually reveal the causal relations in the pathogenesis of various cortical developmental disorders...