Bradly P Jacobs
Affiliation: University of California
- Milk thistle for the treatment of liver disease: a systematic review and meta-analysisBradly P Jacobs
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Am J Med 113:506-15. 2002..We performed a systematic review of the literature to determine the efficacy and safety of this herb for the treatment of liver disease...
- Integrative tumor board: recurrent breast cancer or new primary? UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine and UCSF Carol Franc Buck Breast Care CenterBradly P Jacobs
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, 94143-1726, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 2:289-300. 2003
- An internet-based randomized, placebo-controlled trial of kava and valerian for anxiety and insomniaBradly P Jacobs
Department of Medicine, Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, University of California San Francisco, California, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:197-207. 2005..Neither kava nor valerian relieved anxiety or insomnia more than placebo. This trial demonstrates the feasibility of conducting randomized, blinded trials entirely via the Internet...
- Feasibility of conducting a clinical trial on Hatha yoga for chronic low back pain: methodological lessonsBradly P Jacobs
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 10:80-3. 2004
- Mind-body medicine. An introduction and review of the literatureKevin A Barrows
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Med Clin North Am 86:11-31. 2002..There is preliminary evidence to suggest these techniques may affect coronary artery disease and cancer. MBM techniques ultimately may prove to be most effective in combinations or in conjunction with traditional treatment...
- Milk thistle for alcoholic and/or hepatitis B or C liver diseases--a systematic cochrane hepato-biliary group review with meta-analyses of randomized clinical trialsAndrea Rambaldi
Copenhagen Trial Unit, Center for Clinical Intervention Research, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
Am J Gastroenterol 100:2583-91. 2005..MT could potentially affect liver injury. Adequately conducted randomized clinical trials on MT versus placebo may be needed...