Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Autism spectrum and obsessive-compulsive disorders: OC behaviors, phenotypes and geneticsSuma Jacob
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois School, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Autism Res 2:293-311. 2009..There is a growing need to identify the range of molecular pathways involved in OCB related to ASD in order to develop novel treatment interventions...
- A quantitative association study of SLC25A12 and restricted repetitive behavior traits in autism spectrum disordersSoo Jeong Kim
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Mol Autism 2:8. 2011..abstract:..
- Association of the oxytocin receptor gene (OXTR) in Caucasian children and adolescents with autismSuma Jacob
Institute for Juvenile Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 West Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Neurosci Lett 417:6-9. 2007..Overtransmission of different alleles in different populations may be due to a different pattern of linkage disequilibrium between the marker rs2254298 and an as yet undetermined susceptibility variant in OXTR...
- Parental broader autism subphenotypes in ASD affected families: relationship to gender, child's symptoms, SSRI treatment, and platelet serotoninTal Levin-Decanini
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Autism Res 6:621-30. 2013..Study results suggest that the expression of the BAP varies not only across parental gender, but also across individuals using psychotropic medication and those who do not...
- Preliminary evidence for the interaction of the oxytocin receptor gene (oxtr) and face processing in differentiating prenatal smoking patternsSuena H Massey
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 676 North Saint Clair Street, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL, USA Department of Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 633 North Saint Clair Street, 19th Floor, Chicago, IL, USA Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 584:259-64. 2015..892). Testing this "empathy hypothesis of prenatal smoking cessation" in larger studies designed to examine this question can elucidate whether interventions to enhance empathy can improve prenatal smoking cessation rates...
- Plasma oxytocin concentrations following MDMA or intranasal oxytocin in humansMatthew G Kirkpatrick
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 46:23-31. 2014..Future studies examining the effects of oxytocin antagonists on responses to MDMA will help to determine the mechanism by which MDMA produces pro-social effects. ..