Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Development of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in NZM 2328 Mice in the Absence of any Single BAFF ReceptorChaim O Jacob
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles
Arthritis Rheum 65:1043-54. 2013..To determine the necessity for any individual BAFF receptor in the development of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Genetics of rheumatoid arthritis: an impressionist perspectiveNoam Jacob
Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2011 Zonal Avenue HMR 703, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 38:243-57. 2012..This review evaluates critically the recent literature on the genetic contribution to RA and assesses the methodology used to identify these risk alleles...
- Lupus-associated causal mutation in neutrophil cytosolic factor 2 (NCF2) brings unique insights to the structure and function of NADPH oxidaseChaim O Jacob
The Lupus Genetic Group, Department of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E59-67. 2012..Our study completes the chain of evidence from genetic association to specific molecular function...
- Function2Gene: a gene selection tool to increase the power of genetic association studies by utilizing public databases and expert knowledgeDon L Armstrong
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 9:311. 2008..SNPs have been used to identify genetic components which are associated with a disease. Unfortunately, many studies using these methods suffer from low reproducibility due to lack of power...
- Identification of novel susceptibility genes in childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus using a uniquely designed candidate gene pathway platformChaim O Jacob
Department of Medicine, University of Southern California School of Medicine, 2011 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:4164-73. 2007....
- Identification of IRAK1 as a risk gene with critical role in the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosusChaim O Jacob
The Lupus Genetic Group, Department of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2011 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:6256-61. 2009..This demonstration of an X chromosome gene as a disease susceptibility factor in human SLE raises the possibility that the gender difference in SLE may in part be attributed to sex chromosome genes...
- Genome-wide association scan in women with systemic lupus erythematosus identifies susceptibility variants in ITGAM, PXK, KIAA1542 and other lociJohn B Harley
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 NE 13th Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Nat Genet 40:204-10. 2008..Our results show that numerous genes, some with known immune-related functions, predispose to SLE...
- Paucity of clinical disease despite serological autoimmunity and kidney pathology in lupus-prone New Zealand mixed 2328 mice deficient in BAFFChaim O Jacob
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2011 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Immunol 177:2671-80. 2006..These observations may have profound ramifications for the use of BAFF antagonists in human SLE and related diseases...
- A functional variant of SUMO4, a new I kappa B alpha modifier, is associated with type 1 diabetesDehuang Guo
Center for Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, CA4098, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Nat Genet 36:837-41. 2004..5 times greater NF kappa B transcriptional activity and approximately 2 times greater expression of IL12B, an NF kappa B-dependent gene. These findings suggest a new pathway that may be implicated in the pathogenesis of T1D...
- Pivotal role of Stat4 and Stat6 in the pathogenesis of the lupus-like disease in the New Zealand mixed 2328 miceChaim O Jacob
Department of Medicine, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
J Immunol 171:1564-71. 2003..Furthermore, these results also question the apparent equation of the effect of Stat deficiency with loss of secretion or response to particular cytokines...
- Cytokine mechanisms in systemic lupus erythematosusChaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should lead to better understanding of a number of characteristics of SLE and may lead to identification of new targets for therapy. ..
- A new direction in studing sex hormone involovement in *Chaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2003..Stanczyk) and biochemistry of steroid hormones (Dr. Roberts). The project proposed represents a clear and distinct departure from the PI's and the other investigators ongoing research. ..
- GENETICS OF CHILDHOOD ONSET SLEChaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2003..They further state that this is a multi-center application from some of the largest pediatric lupus clinics in the country and, therefore, represents a major and unique resource for the study of the genetics of childhood-onset SLE. ..
- Elucidation of novel gene variants predisposing to childhood and adult-onset SLEChaim O Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2010....