J Elizabeth Jackson
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Problem drinking: rural and urban trends in America, 1995/1997 to 2003J Elizabeth Jackson
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Prev Med 43:122-4. 2006..Studies examining trends in problem alcohol use for U.S. adults residing in rural locations are lacking. This study examines recent trends in heavy and binge drinking in urban counties and three types of rural counties...
- A national study of obesity prevalence and trends by type of rural countyJ Elizabeth Jackson
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Wash 98195 4696, USA
J Rural Health 21:140-8. 2005..Obesity is epidemic in the United States, but information on this trend by type of rural locale is limited...
- Trends in cervical and breast cancer screening practices among women in rural and urban areas of the United StatesMark P Doescher
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:200-9. 2009..The objective of this study was to assess rural-urban differences in mammography and Papanicolaou (Pap) smear screening...
- Seniors with chronic health conditions and prescription drugs: benefits, wealth, and healthBarry G Saver
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 4696, USA
Value Health 7:133-43. 2004....
- Reliability of Group Health Cooperative automated pharmacy data by drug benefit statusDenise M Boudreau
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA 98101 1448, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 14:877-84. 2005..Evaluate the reliability of health plan pharmacy records in determining medication use among seniors with and without a drug benefit...
- Trends in professional advice to lose weight among obese adults, 1994 to 2000J Elizabeth Jackson
Department of Sociology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 4696, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:814-8. 2005..Obesity is a fast-growing threat to public health in the U.S., but information on trends in professional advice to lose weight is limited...
- Prevalence and trends in smoking: a national rural studyMark P Doescher
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 4696, USA
J Rural Health 22:112-8. 2006..Cigarette smoking is the leading preventable cause of death in the United States...
- Prescription drug coverage, health, and medication acquisition among seniors with one or more chronic conditionsJ Elizabeth Jackson
Department of Sociology, University of Washington, 98195 4696, USA
Med Care 42:1056-65. 2004..The unabated rise in medication costs particularly affects older persons with chronic conditions that require long-term medication use, but how prescription benefits affect medication adherence for such persons has received limited study...
- Impact of healthcare delivery system on where HMO-enrolled seniors purchase medicationsDenise M Boudreau
Ann Pharmacother 38:1317-8. 2004
- Age-related disparities in cancer screening: analysis of 2001 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System dataAnthony F Jerant
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, Calif 95817, USA
Ann Fam Med 2:481-7. 2004..We compared age-related patterns of screening for colorectal cancer with those for breast and prostate cancer in persons aged 50 years and older...