Elizabeth A Jackson
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Physician variation in perceived barriers to personal healthAdam Rb Kosteva
Michigan Cardiovascular Research and Reporting Program, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Int J Gen Med 5:53-7. 2012..Physicians' personal health habits are associated with their counseling habits regarding physical activity. We sought to examine physicians' own barriers to a healthy lifestyle by level of training and gender...
- Quality of life and baseline characteristics associated with depressive symptoms among patients with heart diseaseSepehr Rejai
Michigan Cardiovascular Research and Reporting Program, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Clin Epidemiol 4:181-6. 2012..In multivariate models, we observed that depressive symptoms were associated with the level of tangible social (but not emotional) support, bodily pain, and vitality, but not the number of comorbidities, gender, or marital status...
- Childhood obesity: A comparison of health habits of middle-school students from two communitiesElizabeth A Jackson
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine
Clin Epidemiol 1:133-9. 2009..To assess whether children's diet and physical activity patterns differ between neighboring communities with differing resources...
- Perceived quality of care and lifestyle counseling among patients with heart diseaseElizabeth A Jackson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, USA
Clin Cardiol 33:765-9. 2010..To examine patients' perceived quality of care and reported receipt of information on diet and exercise related to cardiovascular disease prevention...
- Gender differences in physiologic markers and health behaviors associated with childhood obesityMorgen Govindan
Michigan Cardiovascular Research and Reporting Program, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Pediatrics 132:468-74. 2013..This observational study assesses gender variance in independent predictors for obesity to determine targeted areas for intervention...
- Understanding childhood obesity in America: linkages between household income, community resources, and children's behaviorsTaylor F Eagle
Cardiovascular Center, University of Michigan Health System, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5852, USA
Am Heart J 163:836-43. 2012..We sought to define the association between childhood obesity and household income and how household income and childhood behaviors promote childhood obesity...
- A middle school intervention to improve health behaviors and reduce cardiac risk factorsTaylor F Eagle
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and the Cardiovascular Center, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor
Am J Med 126:903-8. 2013..We also measured health behaviors before and after the intervention using a validated questionnaire...
- Recovery heart rate: an indicator of cardiovascular risk among middle school childrenDaniel Simhaee
Michigan Cardiovascular Outcomes Research and Reporting Program, University of Michigan Health System, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 34:1431-7. 2013..001) for vigorous exercise]. Among middle school children, RHR appears to be associated with physiologic parameters and health behaviors. RHR may be useful for identifying children at increased risk for developing CV risk factors...
- Lipoprotein (a): perspectives from a lipid-referral programMelvyn Rubenfire
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, PO Box 322, Ann Arbor, MI 48188, USA
J Clin Lipidol 6:66-73. 2012..Lipoprotein (a) [Lp(a)] has a strong association with coronary disease (CHD). We evaluated the implications of implementing a niacin strategy in persons above low risk by the Framingham risk score (FRS)...
- Patient-related diet and exercise counseling: do providers' own lifestyle habits matter?Michael Howe
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Prev Cardiol 13:180-5. 2010..Many physicians lack confidence in their ability to counsel patients regarding lifestyle. Personal behaviors including regular exercise and better training in counseling techniques may improve patient counseling...
- High-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in middle-school children: association with cardiovascular risk factors and lifestyle behaviorsShannon E Flynn
Michigan Cardiovascular Outcomes Research and Reporting Program, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, 48106 0363, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 35:507-13. 2014..Further research is needed to determine if school-based interventions can result in long-term improvements in HDL-C...
- Effect of use of combination evidence-based medical therapy after acute coronary syndromes on long-term outcomesRony Lahoud
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Cardiol 109:159-64. 2012....
- Potential effects on clinical management of treatment algorithms on the basis of apolipoprotein-B/A-1 and total/high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol ratiosDeepthi Vodnala
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, PO Box 322, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
J Clin Lipidol 5:159-65. 2011....
- Physical functioning related to C-reactive protein and fibrinogen levels in mid-life womenKristin Tomey
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, United States
Exp Gerontol 44:799-804. 2009..Our results suggest that inflammatory processes are associated with poor physical functioning in mid-life women...
- Patient awareness of the risks for heart disease posed by air pollutionMatthew R Nowka
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 53:379-84. 2011..The purpose of this study was to assess patient awareness of the coronary heart disease (CHD) risks posed by air pollution...
- Psychological distress in cardiac rehabilitation participantsLouis Kolman
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 31:81-6. 2011..We characterized the psychological and clinical profiles of men and women entering CR to determine which, if any, characteristic identifies persons at high risk for psychological distress...
- Impact of sex on morbidity and mortality rates after lower extremity interventions for peripheral arterial disease: observations from the blue cross blue shield of michigan cardiovascular consortiumElizabeth A Jackson
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan
J Am Coll Cardiol 63:2525-30. 2014..This study sought to examine sex-related differences in outcomes related to peripheral vascular intervention (PVI) procedures...
- The association of sex with outcomes among patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST elevation myocardial infarction in the contemporary era: Insights from the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Cardiovascular Consortium (BMC2)Elizabeth A Jackson
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am Heart J 161:106-112.e1. 2011..It is unclear if these differences persist among patients undergoing contemporary primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) with focus on early reperfusion...
- Health status and behavior among middle-school children in a midwest community: what are the underpinnings of childhood obesity?Taylor F Eagle
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5852, USA
Am Heart J 160:1185-9. 2010..Childhood obesity is one of the nation's foremost health challenges. How much of this is due to lifestyle choices? The objective of the study was to determine health behaviors that contribute to obesity in sixth-grade children...
- Evidence of disparity in the application of quality improvement efforts for the treatment of acute myocardial infarction: the American College of Cardiology's Guidelines Applied in Practice Initiative in MichiganAdesuwa B Olomu
Department of Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Am Heart J 159:377-84. 2010....
- Diet and Exercise Counseling Among Patients with CHDElizabeth Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our objective is to provide data on a variety of counseling interventions available to CHD patients and to identify innovative methods to improve receipt of and adherence to counseling for lifestyle modification. (End of Abstract) ..