A S Jackson
Affiliation: University of Houston
- Changes in aerobic power of women, ages 20-64 yrA S Jackson
Cardiopulmonary Laboratory, Kelsey Seybold Clinic, NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX 77058, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 28:884-91. 1996..These findings are consistent with men's data from the same lab showing that about 50% of the cross-sectional age-related decline in VO2peak was due to %fat and SR-PA...
- Prediction of functional aerobic capacity without exercise testingA S Jackson
Cardiopulmonary Laboratory, NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX 77058
Med Sci Sports Exerc 22:863-70. 1990..The SEs of the N-Ex models ranged from 4.6-5.4 ml.kg-1.min-1 with these subjects.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Determining the amount of physical activity needed for long-term weight controlL T Wier
Health Related Fitness, NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas 77058, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:613-21. 2001..To evaluate prospectively the influence of habitual physical activity on body weight of men and women and to develop a model that defines the role of physical activity on longitudinal weight change...
- Predicting physical therapy visits needed to achieve minimal functional goals after arthroscopic knee surgeryD P O'Connor
Joe W King Orthopedic Institute, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 31:340-52; discussion 353-8. 2001..Retrospective, cross-sectional regression modeling...
- The effect of sex, age and race on estimating percentage body fat from body mass index: The Heritage Family StudyA S Jackson
Department of Health and Kinesiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:789-96. 2002..To study the effects of sex, age and race on the relation between body mass index (BMI) and measured percent body fat (%fat)...
- Generalized abdominal visceral fat prediction models for black and white adults aged 17-65 y: the HERITAGE Family StudyP R Stanforth
Department of Kinesiology and Health Education, The University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:925-32. 2004....
- Genetic variation and decreased risk for obesity in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities StudyM L Hart Sailors
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 9:548-57. 2007....
- Generalized equations for predicting body density of men. 1978A S Jackson
Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA
Br J Nutr 91:161-8. 2004..The correlations between predicted and laboratory-determined body density exceeded 0.90 with standard errors of approximately 0.0077 g/ml. 5. The regression equations were shown to be valid for adult men varying in age and fatness...