Affiliation: University of California
- Responding to the deaf in disasters: establishing the need for systematic training for state-level emergency management agencies and community organizationsAlina Engelman
Health Research for Action, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, 2140 Shattuck Avenue, 10th Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 13:84. 2013..This paper will assess Deaf/HH related emergency preparedness training needs for state emergency management agencies and deaf-serving community-based organizations (CBOs)...
- Prevalence and correlates of cardiovascular risk factors in South Asians: population-based data from two California surveysSusan L Ivey
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley 94720 7360, USA
Ethn Dis 16:886-93. 2006..Few population-based studies report cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factor prevalence for South Asians in the United States. We examined CVD risk for South Asians in California...
- Cardiovascular health among Asian Indians (CHAI): a community research projectSusan L Ivey
Center for Family and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
J Interprof Care 18:391-402. 2004..Hypertension, high cholesterol, and diabetes were more prevalent in participants than the population average; other risk factors were less common (tobacco)...
- From hospital to home: assessing the transitional care needs of vulnerable seniorsCarrie L Graham
Health Research for Action, School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94704 1210, USA
Gerontologist 49:23-33. 2009..Findings are translated into recommendations for improving services to these groups during health care transitions...
- Participatory design of mass health communication in three languages for seniors and people with disabilities on MedicaidLinda Neuhauser
Community Health and Human Development Department, School of Public Health, 50 Warren Hall, MC7360, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Am J Public Health 99:2188-95. 2009..We used participatory design methods to develop and test guidebooks about health care choices intended for 600 000 English-, Spanish-, and Chinese-speaking seniors and people with disabilities receiving Medicaid in California...
- Knowledge, attitudes, and practice toward epilepsy (KAPE): a survey of Chinese and Vietnamese adults in the United StatesKenny Chung
Health Research for Action, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94704 7388, USA
Epilepsy Behav 17:221-7. 2010....
- A multilingual mass communication intervention for seniors and people with disabilities on Medicaid: a randomized controlled trialElaine Kurtovich
Health Research for Action, School of Public Health, University of California, 2140 Shattuck Ave, 10th Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704 7388, USA
Health Serv Res 45:397-417. 2010....
- Lower-body function, neighborhoods, and walking in an older populationWilliam A Satariano
University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
Am J Prev Med 38:419-28. 2010..Poor lower-body capacity is associated with reduced mobility in older populations...
- Alarming trends in pediatric overweight in the United StatesLorrene D Ritchie
Center for Weight and Health, College of Natural Resources, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Soz Praventivmed 48:168-77. 2003..s...