Affiliation: University of Iowa
- The fate of p21CDKN1A in cells surviving UV-irradiationToshiki Itoh
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California, Berkeley, 94720 3202, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 4:1457-62. 2005..We propose that physiological relevant UV doses should be determined for each target cell type prior to studying UV-induced responses and that p21(CDKN1A) is indeed critical for cell cycle arrest in cells that survive UV-irradiation...
- Xeroderma pigmentosum group E and DDB2, a smaller subunit of damage-specific DNA binding protein: proposed classification of xeroderma pigmentosum, Cockayne syndrome, and ultraviolet-sensitive syndromeToshiki Itoh
Department of Pathology, The University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Dermatol Sci 41:87-96. 2006..These phenotypes are unique to XP-E because other XP groups show normal (XP-V) or hypersensitivity (XP-A, B, C, D, F, and G) to UV-irradiation. Thus XP-E is defined as a skin cancer prone disease with unique resistance to UV-irradiation...
- Ddb2 is a haploinsufficient tumor suppressor and controls spontaneous germ cell apoptosisToshiki Itoh
Department of Pathology, The University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hum Mol Genet 16:1578-86. 2007..These results demonstrate that in whole animals as in cultured cells Ddb2 can regulate apoptosis and tumor incidence...
- Impaired regulation of tumor suppressor p53 caused by mutations in the xeroderma pigmentosum DDB2 gene: mutual regulatory interactions between p48(DDB2) and p53Toshiki Itoh
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3202, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:7540-53. 2003..We propose that both before and after UV irradiation, DDB2 directly regulates p53 levels, while DDB2 expression is itself regulated by p53...
- DDB2 gene disruption leads to skin tumors and resistance to apoptosis after exposure to ultraviolet light but not a chemical carcinogenToshiki Itoh
Divisions of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3202, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2052-7. 2004..In sum, these results demonstrate that DDB2 is well conserved between humans and mice and functions as a tumor suppressor, at least in part, by controlling p53-mediated apoptosis after UV-irradiation...
- Basal transcriptional regulation of human damage-specific DNA-binding protein genes DDB1 and DDB2 by Sp1, E2F, N-myc and NF1 elementsAnne F Nichols
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Barker Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3202, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:562-9. 2003....
- Ultraviolet-sensitive syndrome cells are defective in transcription-coupled repair of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimersGraciela Spivak
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5020, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 1:629-43. 2002....
- PtdIns(3,4,5)P3 binding is necessary for WAVE2-induced formation of lamellipodiaTsukasa Oikawa
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:420-6. 2004..These results suggest that one of the products of PI(3)K, PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3), recruits WAVE2 to the polarized membrane and that this recruitment is essential for lamellipodium formation at the leading edge...
- Sequential signals toward podosome formation in NIH-src cellsTsukasa Oikawa
Division of Lipid Biochemistry, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0017, Japan
J Cell Biol 182:157-69. 2008..These results indicate that augmentation of the N-WASP-Arp2/3 signal was accomplished on the platform of Tks5/FISH-Grb2 complex at focal adhesions, which is stabilized by PtdIns(3,4)P2...