Michael G Ison
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Current research on respiratory viral infections: Fourth International SymposiumMichael G Ison
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Antiviral Res 55:227-78. 2002
- Current research on respiratory viral infections: Fifth International SymposiumMichael G Ison
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, USA
Antiviral Res 62:75-110. 2004
- Viral infections in immunocompromised patients: what's new with respiratory viruses?Michael G Ison
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 15:355-67. 2002..The respiratory viruses, particularly respiratory syncytial virus, influenza, parainfluenza, adenovirus, and picornaviruses, are increasingly recognized as significant pathogens in these populations...
- Respiratory viral infections in transplant recipientsMichael G Ison
Division of Infectious Diseases, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Antivir Ther 12:627-38. 2007..In addition to epidemiological data, recent studies have also advanced our understanding of management of influenza, adenovirus, and RSV infections among transplant recipients...
- Outcome of influenza infection managed with oseltamivir in lung transplant recipientsMichael G Ison
Division of Infectious Diseases and Organ Transplantation, Transplant and Immunocompromised Host Infectious Diseases Service, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 27:282-8. 2008....
- Prevention and early treatment of opportunistic viral infections in patients with leukemia and allogeneic stem cell transplantation recipientsMichael Angarone
Division of Infectious Diseases, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 6:191-201. 2008..Fortunately, a growing armamentarium is allowing more effective prophylaxis of these pathogens. This article reviews the epidemiology and prophylactic strategies available for these common opportunistic viral pathogens...
- Prevention and treatment of cancer-related infectionsBrahm H Segal
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 6:122-74. 2008
- Adenovirus infections in transplant recipientsMichael G Ison
Division of Infectious Diseases, Transplant Infectious Diseases Service, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:331-9. 2006..Prospective studies are needed to better understand the pathogenesis of and therapeutic options for adenoviral infections in this patient population...
- Recovery of drug-resistant influenza virus from immunocompromised patients: a case seriesMichael G Ison
Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, 22908, USA
J Infect Dis 193:760-4. 2006..We describe a novel Asp198Asn NA mutation in an influenza B virus and its decreased susceptibility to both oseltamivir and zanamivir...
- Safety and efficacy of nebulized zanamivir in hospitalized patients with serious influenzaMichael G Ison
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Antivir Ther 8:183-90. 2003..Two rimantadine-resistant viruses emerged during rimantadine monotherapy; no ZNV resistance was observed. Nebulized ZNV appears to be well tolerated in this hospitalized population but further studies are needed to assess its efficacy...
- Fatal adenovirus pneumonia in a person with AIDS and Burkitt lymphoma: a case report and review of the literatureOluwadamilola A Adeyemi
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
AIDS Read 18:196-8, 201-2, 206-7. 2008....