Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Interleukin-6 predicts recurrence and survival among head and neck cancer patientsSonia A Duffy
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48113 0170, USA
Cancer 113:750-7. 2008....
- Pretreatment health behaviors predict survival among patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinomaSonia A Duffy
VA Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System 11H, PO Box 130170, Ann Arbor, MI 48113 0170, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1969-75. 2009..Our prior work has shown that the health behaviors of head and neck cancer patients are interrelated and are associated with quality of life; however, other than smoking, the relationship between health behaviors and survival is unclear...
- Health behaviors predict higher interleukin-6 levels among patients newly diagnosed with head and neck squamous cell carcinomaSonia A Duffy
Corresponding Author Sonia A Duffy, University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 North Ingalls Building, Room 3178, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5482, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 22:374-81. 2013..smoking, alcohol problems, body mass index (BMI; a marker of nutritional status), physical activity, and sleep and pretreatment IL-6 levels in persons with head and neck cancer...
- Tetrathiomolybdate promotes tumor necrosis and prevents distant metastases by suppressing angiogenesis in head and neck cancerBasil Hassouneh
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Centre Drive, 1904 Taubman Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:1039-45. 2007..Taken together, these results show that tetrathiomolybdate can act long-term as a suppressor of vascularity and inhibit the growth of metastasis in this model of HNSCC...
- RhoC GTPase expression as a potential marker of lymph node metastasis in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neckCelina G Kleer
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4485-90. 2006..This study evaluated the expression of RhoC in head and neck carcinoma and investigated the prognostic use of this marker on a large cohort of previously untreated patients with SCCHN...
- The effect of tetrathiomolybdate on cytokine expression, angiogenesis, and tumor growth in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckTheodoros N Teknos
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:204-11. 2005..To assess the effect of tetrathiomolybdate on cytokine expression, angiogenesis, and tumor growth rate in human squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)...
- Prognostic factors in oral cavity and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomaBenjamin Marcus
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103, USA
Cancer 101:2779-87. 2004..The authors hypothesized that tumor-associated macrophages contribute to HNSCC aggressiveness, and the objective of the current study was to prove this hypothesis using mRNA expression analysis and a large cohort of clinical specimens...
- Nuclear factor-kappaB-related serum factors as longitudinal biomarkers of response and survival in advanced oropharyngeal carcinomaClint Allen
Tumor Biology Section, Head and Neck Surgery Branch, National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:3182-90. 2007..Longitudinal changes in these serum factors could be early biomarkers of treatment response and survival...