Affiliation: University of California
- Cellular immunity to varicella-zoster virus in patients with major depressionM Irwin
VA Medical Center, University of California, San Diego, USA
J Infect Dis 178:S104-8. 1998..These data indicate that major depression is associated with a marked decline in VZV-specific cellular immunity...
- Screening for depression in the older adult: criterion validity of the 10-item Center for Epidemiological Studies Depression Scale (CES-D)M Irwin
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California at San Diego and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, 92161, USA
Arch Intern Med 159:1701-4. 1999..A briefer 10-item version has been proposed, but there are few data on its properties as a screening instrument...
- Decreased natural killer cell responses and altered interleukin-6 and interleukin-10 production in alcoholism: an interaction between alcohol dependence and African-American ethnicityM Irwin
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, and Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, 92161, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 24:560-9. 2000..Whether ethnic characteristics contribute to variation in the immunological effects of alcohol is not known...
- Polysomnographic and spectral sleep EEG in primary alcoholics: an interaction between alcohol dependence and African-American ethnicityM Irwin
University of California, San Diego, and the San Diego VA Medical Center, 92161, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 24:1376-84. 2000..Increasing evidence indicates that there are ethnic differences in sleep EEG and that African-Americans may be at elevated risk for disordered sleep...
- Polysomnography and depressive symptoms in primary alcoholics with and without a lifetime diagnosis of secondary depression and in patients with primary major depressionC P Clark
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Affect Disord 52:177-85. 1999....
- Neuroimmunology of disordered sleep in depression and alcoholismM Irwin
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 25:S45-9. 2001..Moreover, in view of basic evidence of a reciprocal interaction between sleep and cytokines, further research is needed to understand whether alterations in cytokines contribute to disordered sleep...